Full Time Temporary
Details: To be discussed during interview process
1021 3rd Street
Galileo is looking for an experienced, performance-driven Interim Payroll Manager to join our People Operations leadership team, and be our in-house ADP project manager. Though a temporary position from March-August, this stellar project manager will play an integral role in ensuring all summer employees are paid on time and accurately through our busiest season.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a deeply accountable, committed payroll professional
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You can manage your time and are meticulous about the details.
- You’re a true collaborator, and you can confidently and consistently contribute to a team
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with payroll administration, preferably with ADP
- Experience with ticketing and project management, preferably at scale
- Experience in project management, managing work plans and interfacing with multiple teams
- Computer savvy: solid command of Excel and Google docs and ability to pick up new software and technology
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the primary point of contact between Galileo and our payroll vendor (ADP)
- Stay abreast of and report on payroll system updates to processes and/or functionality
- Oversee payroll systems, including process break-down and delegation, paperwork verification, direct deposit and check delivery
- Run payroll for HQ staff every other week, and for ~2,000 summer staff every week
- Manage payroll-related communication through our ticketing system
- Keep information in ADP database accurate
- Serve as the lead for payroll issues for all users, and provide weekly support and training to summer payroll managers
- Provide team and general human resources support, maintaining a high level of approachability, accountability, and service
- Supervise 1-3 People Services team members from June-August.
- Regular office hours, as well as weekend and evening work
- Temporary position: March through mid-May - 30 hours/week; Mid-May through August - 40-60 hours/week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply, visit our website at https://corporate-galileo.icims.com/jobs/8520/interim-payroll-manager/job