617 2nd Street
About World Centric
World Centric is a 14 year old leading supplier of certified compostable disposable packaging based in Petaluma CA. The Company started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. It offsets all its carbon emissions and donates at least 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations.
World Centric has over 250 different products and sells into retail and foodservice across the U.S. World Centric was founded in 2004 as a non-profit to raise awareness of how we are severely degrading the planet’s ecosystems and at the same time creating vast inequalities where billions of people are living without access to basic needs of adequate food, water, health care, education, housing, sanitation etc. Now, as a for-profit we strive to create the most impact we can both socially and environmentally and envision a world where everyone’s basic needs can be met.
World Centric, as a leader in the compostables category, has a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth work environment and is looking for professionals who can thrive in such an environment. The culture and mission fit is very important for us and these requirements include a strong awareness, passion and commitment to social and environmental issues; a high degree of competence, motivation, and initiative; and adaptability and ability to collaborate with others.
About the Position
Functioning as part of the marketing team, this role will participate in public relations activities, develop content for our digital marketing programs and other communications and coordinate trade show participation. The overall intent of this role is to help raise brand awareness, trial and re/use of the products and advocate for global sustainability practices.
The person hired for this position will need strong organization and critical thinking skills and must be extremely self-motivated. The ideal candidate will have a background or major in journalism, videography, photography or public relations, and have a desire to work in online platforms. Ideal candidates will also have experience using a high quality video equipment and video editing programs.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the World Centric Marketing team and external resources to develop and implementation video, photography and written content for the web site, blog, and other appropriate digital marketing platforms
- Create digital trade and consumer campaigns and a monthly trade communication vehicle to include brand information and accolades
- Participate in monitoring and responding to the World Centric social community across multiple social media platforms
- Report monthly on digital marketing activities and analytics
- Participate in writing copy for digital and print literature
- Ensure all content is proofed and consistent to the overall brand voice and aesthetic
- Create messaging for, attend and document key events and activities where World Centric is involved or product is placed
- Trade show coordination – submit company information, order badges and show support, provide insurance, booth configuration, submit invoices to accounting
- Book hotels, meeting rooms and coordinating sales and marketing schedules as needed
- Coordinate samples, send out trade show supplies (tablecloth, banners, etc.)
- Create logistics document of each show’s pertinent information
- Coordinate updating press kits, media submissions and media sampling
- Build and maintain an in-house database of media contacts
- Support building relationships with trade, business and consumer media
- Review and respond to media requests
- Develop story ideas and pitch to media
- Assist with hosting media at trade show events
- Develop relationships with key media influencers
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing on developing annual PR/communications plans
- Review and post media clippings
The above is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time
- Full time exempt position: 40 hours/week
- Based in Petaluma, Ca
World Centric offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. The benefits package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, sick and vacation paid leave, wellness incentive program, paid holidays, 401(k) with Company contribution, electric vehicle and alternative transportation incentive program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a 1-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric. Please do not forward a LinkedIn profile.