About the Center for Empowered Politics (CEP) and CEP Education Fund
The Center for Empowered Politics and the sister organization the Center for Empowered Politics Education Fund is a practitioner-led movement capacity organization that trains and develops new leaders of color to grow their power building and co-governing infrastructure. In addition, CEPEF provides capacity building support (i.e. executive coaching, peer coaching, organizational development, fund development) for fiscally-sponsored projects.
About Resilient Strategies LLC
Resilient Strategies LLC is a Managed Service Organization that provides the backend finance, administrative and HR service functions for our family of organizations.
Partner with the Chief Operating Officer to develop a robust, nimble and strategic infrastructure and program offerings (through Resilient Strategies LLC) to support a constellation of organizations and entities to leverage, scale and innovate their work for transformative social change. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and develop staff teams in (a number of the) following departments: Operations, Administration, Human Resources, Compliance, Technology, Site & Resource Management, and Business Development.
- Develop and share a broad base of knowledge and expertise of operational considerations and practices from the field with the Team.
- Provide strategic guidance and training to organizations and projects on the most effective and strategic approaches for organizational development.
- Manage the operational and cultural transition and transformation of the configuration of our entities.
- Support the business plan and model for Resilient Strategies, LLC and constellation of organizations
- Build relationships and powerbuilding strategies for the constellation of organizations and projects to optimize our impact and unique contribution to the movement.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of CEP, CEPEF and Resilient Strategies and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in scaling an ecosystem of organizations and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of the staff team.
The successful candidate will most likely have had management experience with other organizations. As noted, this is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be needed. Additional requirements are:
- Results: Proven track record and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions (including managing risks and liabilities) through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility: Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Capacity Building: Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a strong team and the processes that ensure organization strength and unity
- Leadership and Organization: Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to provide support and accountability, develop and empower staff from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate innovation, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- Action and Solution Oriented: Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can take necessary leadership in challenging and difficult situations
- Communication: Effective, thoughtful and compassionate written and verbal communication skills; be able to adapt communication to different audiences and situations; be able to develop clear and concise written communication
- General Management: thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
Employment Terms: This position is being offered as a full-time exempt position. Preference for San Francisco Bay Area, open to remote placement for folks who can travel to the bay area regularly (6-10 times per year).
Salary and Benefits: 70-80K with competitive benefits
How to Apply