Daily Kos is the nation's largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of dedicated activists, we’re transforming media and organizing by empowering regular Americans to reshape politics
We seek a Campaigns Account Specialist to join our diverse and growing Activism team. You will be responsible for working with clients to manage lead generation orders, track metrics, build relationships, and increase operational efficiency on client campaigns. Your work will be key to expanding the activism, communication and fundraising strength of dozens of progressive campaigns and organizations, while contributing to a crucial area of our business.
Are you excited about contributing to the success of progressive politics? Thrilled to provide top-notch client services? Made happy by spreadsheets, metrics, and data? This could be the job for you!
- Client management, including working with clients on campaign approval, exchanging files, tracking metrics, and managing client project timelines.
- Content management, including creating and editing client pages, emails, subject lines, and other copy.
- Project management tracking for Daily Kos lead generation activities using multiple tools and apps.
- 2-3 years in client or account management, sales, customer service, or an equivalent experience working with clients and partners.
- OR 2-3 years public interest and/or political work at either a campaign or advocacy organization, or expressed interest in democratic politics or non-profits.
- Experience using databases, CRMs, computer and web-based apps for providing client management.
- Experience with excel, google sheets, tracking, analysis, and presentation.
- Proven project and client management skills
- Solid writing and proofreading skills that conform to email best practices
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to assess, understand, and address client needs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Be able to field and prioritize multiple tasks and clients
- Fantastic all-around communicator online and in-person
- Comfortable with a virtual working environment (While we have an office in Oakland, over 75% of our employees work from home and are spread across the country.)
- Be tech and internet savvy. We use Slack, Streak, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Dropbox, Asana, and lots of other tools that make work life easier.
- Familiarity with MySQL and scripting languages are a bonus
Daily Kos offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including generous time off along with paid maternity/paternity/family leave, employer-paid medical insurance for employees, company match on 401K, and a flexible work environment. You need to pick up your kids from school? No problem. You like to work out in the middle of the day? No problem. People love working here, and tend to stay for a long time.
Women, people of color and LGBTQIA individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective in our work, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the link to submit a cover letter telling us why you’re a good fit for this position and resume (include your LinkedIn profile link).