Part Time Contract
Details: Pay starts at $25/hr for lead Aunties, based on experience
Gaia Girls Passages is looking for a passionate and dedicated female youth mentor to join our team for our new Rite of Passage program for girls in the Peninsula! The group will meet about twice a month including after-school gatherings and 4 camp trips throughout the year for the 2018-19 school year, September-May, in the San Mateo/Belmont/San Carlos area.
We are looking for women with a proficiency in several of the following skills:
- A deep connection to, knowledge and love of the natural world
- Knowledge of plant lore and herbal medicine
- Knowledge and proficiency in several ancestral skills or crafts such as fire making, basket weaving, carving, natural dyes, shelter building, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in nature-based mentoring and/or specifically the 8 shields model of cultural mentoring
- Competency in modeling and teaching skills of social and emotional intelligence
- Experience and/or passion in Rite of Passage for girls
- Competency or experience in facilitating dialogue about identity, class and race,
- Experience in organizing and/or engaging in civic, environmental, or social activism.
- Also a plus if you play an instrument and/or have ability to lead songs.
Please email us your resume and cover letter by April 23rd for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish is a plus but not necessary
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email us your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant work experience by April 23rd. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.