Details: Base salary to be discussed in interview process
1021 3rd Street
Galileo is hiring an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. This focused, nimble project manager will have a wide range of responsibilities including traditional month and year end procedures, streamlining and scaling financial and control processes. This is a rare opportunity for a finance professional who values working in a strong, collaborative environment, and wants a chance to make a big impact within a mission-driven organization.
Our Finance gurus are more than bookkeeping and accounts payable aces. They oversee the best financial forecasting to ensure successful camp seasons for the next generation of campers. As we grow, our small but mighty finance team is committed to building outstanding relationships cross-functionally, through providing support on modeling new program offerings to resource planning for expansion.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for eight years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galileo Area Director means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a detail-oriented project manager. You are meticulous about the details, and pride yourself on delivering impeccable work product.
- You can juggle—and do some of your best work independently. You can manage your time and workload well.
- You’re a problem-solving teammate and true servant leader.
- You are open to feedback, nimble when adaptation is necessary, and have a deep desire to contribute to the larger team vision
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related highly preferred
- 4-6 years experience of relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working with K-8th grade range and managing people, ideally a team
- Understanding of Intacct, Salesforce, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Supervisory experience preferred though not required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an operational accounting heart of our team, supporting everything from month/year-end process to account maintenance and reconciliation to recording journal entries in compliance with accrual-based accounting
- Assess existing processes and bring your own special eye to improvements
- Support company-wide financial reporting, providing monthly/quarterly reports and other financial planning & analysis
- Provide exceptional service to all Galileo staff with Finance questions or needs
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment
- 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply, visit our website.