About the Center for Empowered Politics (CEP) and CEP Education Fund
The Center for Empowered Politics and the sister organization the Center for Empowered Politics Education Fund is a practitioner-led movement capacity organization that trains and develops new leaders of color to grow their power building and co-governing infrastructure. In addition, CEPEF provides capacity building support (i.e. executive coaching, peer coaching, organizational development, fund development) for fiscally-sponsored projects.
About Resilient Strategies LLC (RS)
Resilient Strategies LLC is a Managed Services Organization that provides the backend finance, administrative and HR service functions for our family of organizations.
The Project Coordinator will serve as a liaison with partner organizations to ensure that both RS and CEP(EF) meet their ongoing operational and administrative needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program/Administrative Support and Coordination (75%)
Provide ongoing and proactive support to Fiscally Sponsored Projects (FSPs) & Partner organizations.
- Liaison with FSPs & Partners (broad category referring to communication, relationship- and trust-building with FSPs)
- Ensure Partners' requests are fulfilled accurately and within an agreed-upon timeline
- Provide support for program evaluations including formatting, collecting, and analyzing survey results
- Schedule, attend, and document recurring meetings with Project or Partner Directors
- Maintain tracker of updated FSP & Partner organizational attributes (ie staff sizes, org budgets, program areas, # and type of requests)
- Internal team coordination (scheduling, attendance, notetaking, facilitation)
- Fulfilling administrative requests
- Create or update records with new information
- Support HR processes (including job postings, offer letters, evaluation systems, position changes)
- Support onboarding process for new hires, delegating tasks and ensuring that they are completed in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
Executive Coordinator Responsibilities (15%)
- Provide executive assistance and high-level information management support by handling information requests, drafting correspondences and presentations, researching, and coordinating calls and meetings.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for scheduling.
- Provide general and ongoing administrative support including managing and submitting expense reports.
- Prepare for events, site visits and meetings with internal and external stakeholders including funders or partners.
- Prepare summary briefs and documents to help prepare for significant scheduled events and meetings
- Work with staff across the organization, tracking and documenting key meetings and supporting the development of meeting materials.
- Prepare meeting packets, support communication with attendees, and manage logistics.
- Track and support other internal committee work and participation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties (25%)
Other Duties as assigned. May include electoral canvassing work as well as programmatic work with various leadership development programs.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of CEP, CEPEF and Resilient Strategies and be driven by the mission.
Additional requirements are:
- Action and Solution Oriented: Looks for how to contribute and be helpful; able to take action, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can take necessary leadership in challenging and difficult situations
- Communication: Effective, thoughtful and compassionate written and verbal communication skills; be able to adapt communication to different audiences and situations; ability to draft clear and concise written communication
- General Management: thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; experience with the range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
Employment Terms: This position is being offered as a full-time position. Preference for San Francisco Bay Area, open to remote placement for folks who can travel to the bay area regularly (6-10 times per year).
Salary and Benefits: 48-55K with competitive benefits
How to Apply