Madagascar I Pro Bono Consultant for award winning conservation organisation I 4-6 months (571)
- Job posted by Accounting for International Development (AfID)
Details: 4-6 months Voluntary Accounting Assignment, Flights, Accommodation & Stipend provided
11 Glenthorne Road
A unique opportunity is available for an experienced french speaking accountant (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) to share their accounting and finance skills with a pioneering conservation NGO in Madagascar for up to 4 months. Flights, Accommodation & stipend provided.
Based in a country of staggering natural beauty and home to a unique collection of species found nowhere else in the world, our partner in Madagascar has pioneered an approach to managing ecological biodiversity whilst offering local people the opportunity to build sustainable livelihoods. They are seeking the support of an experienced accountant to help them develop policy changes and train local staff.
As a result of rapid expansion over the last few years, they are seeking an experienced Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) to review and build their in-country operations.
Your role as a Pro Bono Accountant
You will be the first pro bono finance professional on placement at this organisation in Madagascar.
The role is quite a broad one and will encompass finance, HR and operations. Responsibilities include:
· Reviewing the finance & HR processes, systems and policies in place across Madagascar. This would include consulting and collecting feedback on these from local staff and aligning feedback with the requirements of the central finance and operations function.
· Improving the control system, and implementing any process, system and policy changes
· Training the local staff on all areas including financial systems, process integrity, responsible accounting and risk management.
· Support grant proposal development, management and reporting as required.
Accounting for International Development
AfID offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer assignments from 2 weeks form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain relevant experience in an international NGO, with the aim of transitioning into the sector.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent French is essential for this role
Minimum Education Required