Details: Commensurate with experience.
LaunchX, a social enterprise, runs K-12 entrepreneurship education programs, where the curriculum developer is responsible for developing aspects of our curriculum, developing and running a new teacher training program, and developing the educational playbook of how to implement our programs and their course materials.
The ideal candidate is objective-oriented with an ability to take initiative, problem solve, and act. We’re a small and scrappy team, so you should be able to balance excellence in your work with a self-starter mentality and the flexibility to quickly shift priorities. Our strong preference is to find a candidate with extensive experience developing course materials in powerpoint / google slides and lesson plans.
- Background in content writing, extensive slide development, and teaching
- Must believe strongly in the potential of high school students
- Project / program management skills including time management, problem solving, resourceful research, and decision making
- Strong communication skills across written, verbal, and presenting
- High technical and computer literacy in using Google Drive, Microsoft Suite, etc. for materials
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Develop leadership development materials for clubs students in leadership roles (education leads, teaming leads, marketing leads, etc.)
- Develop scripts for instructional videos of how to implement course materials
- Revamp curriculum including ensuring materials are aligned with branding guidelines, etc. (slides and lesson plans) for LaunchX Summer Program and LaunchX Clubs
- Design new educational simulations and cases
- Develop new materials (slides and lesson plans) for the LaunchX Clubs Continuing Teams program and for the Teacher Training program
- Develop playbooks on how to implement the materials linking to each document and outlining key objectives and materials for each of summer and clubs programs
- Revise LaunchX Clubs grant proposal and tracking system for student teams, providing feedback and tracking student milestones
- Design and implement success metrics assessment
- Manage review and approval of second year teams’ grant applications, including review of milestones and logistics
LaunchX offers comprehensive health & dental insurance, as well as other benefits.
Minimum Education Required