Remote Work: Seychelles or Mexico
About the Role:
GVI is looking for an experienced, passionate conservation professional to join our team. Our ideal candidate for the Program Director role will have a marine conservation educational background, leadership experience, as well as extensive experience with health and safety requirements within the marine conservation and dive sector.
The role of the Program Director is to work closely with our local managers to oversee the delivery of GVI programs on our conservation hubs, ensuring the programs are consistent with GVI standards, as well as delivered at the lowest possible cost. This role will be based remotely, and preference will be given to those willing to relocate to one of our marine hubs in either Mexico or the Seychelles.
- Provide input to the GVI Product team as they define the experience for each conservation program for each hub
- Provide through the Hubs the projects, staff, resources, consumables, assets and infrastructure to deliver the GVI experience as defined by the Product team
- Work with the Director of Field Operations, GVI Product team and Hubs to address any issues arising from the quality assurance process
- Ensure that all Hub project work generates the maximum possible impact, and is consistent with GVI’s ethical framework.
- Contribute to program design/review and implementation of all Marine and/or Conservation related projects across GVI
- Develop and oversee scientific research programs across marine and/or conservation related projects
- Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are followed on each Hub to ensure the safety of all participants, staff and other visitors to all GVI sites in their region
- Optimise the commercial and operational structures by which the projects, staff, resources, consumables, assets and infrastructure are provided, so that the cost of providing the programs is minimised
- Ensure successful implementation and reporting of project Impact measurement processes
- Ensure the successful implementation and delivery across hubs of all GVI marketing and internal communication initiatives
- Prepare for and ensure the successful management of any issues which arise across the Hubs, including on-the-ground management of customer complaints, medical issues, natural disasters etc.
- In conjunction with the People and Field Operations functions, ensure the availability of full- and part-time skilled, fully-trained and motivated field staff to meet the requirements outlined in the hub’s field model staffing plan
- Work with the Central Support team to ensure in country legal compliance and maintain desired legal status through accurate and timely reporting.
- Conservation (marine preferred) educational background
- Excellent people management, communication and coordination skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- A commercial understanding - in order to deliver programs at the lowest possible cost
- The ability to identify problem areas and utilize problem solving skills to put an action plan in place to rapidly improve
- Strong program management and program development skills
- Ability to identify and maintain minimum standards and best practices
- Excellent report writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Google Drive
- Marine conservation field experience - familiarity with the operations of running marine conservation volunteer/dive programs
- 3 years + management experience (ideally remote management included)
- Extensive understanding of working in a dive environment, with specific knowledge of health and safety requirements related to diving