137 Newbury Street
BlueWave Solar (“BlueWave”) is a renewable energy company founded on a mission to make solar available to everyone, everywhere. BlueWave’s proprietary fintech platform delivers innovative, high-value products and services to its partners and customers, enabling communities and consumers to choose local, low-cost renewable power. From developing high-quality solar projects that allow customers to participate in BlueWave Community Solar, to financing residential rooftop solar with the BlueWave Home Solar Loan, BlueWave empowers its partners and installers to deliver a seamless home solar solution. That’s the BlueWave vision for a cleaner planet and our energy solution for the “100%.” We have a rapidly growing team of experts focused on growing our solar loan footprint, refining our Solar Management Platform (SMP), developing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. BlueWave is a Certified B Corporation and was recently recognized as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine and in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an opening for an Associate Product Developer reporting to the Managing Director of Product. In this role, you’ll develop new, business-critical Solar Management Platform (SMP) capabilities by refining requirements with stakeholders, building production-grade financial software, and ensuring your features mesh smoothly into operations. We’re a Salesforce.com shop developing lightning communities, but you just need to be comfortable developing in any modern language and have a passion for solar!
- Understand BlueWave’s core business processes related to Residential Loans and Community Solar; Research third-party software products to buy as an alternative to building custom solutions;
- Design solutions for unique BlueWave needs and problems, while simplifying complexity and anticipating future requirements;
- Wireframe and validate consumer-quality user interfaces with stakeholders and end-users;
- Drive software implementation through comprehensive unit tests;
- Integrate third-party software products into the SMP where appropriate;
- Participate and lead highly-visible QA workshops;
- Ensure changes are well documented, released, and monitored;
- Support sales and executive teams with occasional technical presentations;
- Adhere to, and improve upon, our development and deployment methodology;
- Continue individual growth as a software developer. Implement delightful user interfaces wherever possible;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or demonstrated post-graduate technical experience. Preference for formal education in computer science;
- 2-4 years of demonstrated success in a demanding environment;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical skills and programming languages.
Other Desired Attributes:
- Salesforce certifications or trailhead accomplishments;
- Software tools: Git, Github, Ant, Selenium, Jenkins, Copado, Gearset, Flosum;
- Software methodology: Agile, Scrum, Kanban;
- A strong intellect with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, sound business sense and selfconfidence to make a decision, with enough self-awareness to know when help is needed;
- A quick study with a high level of energy and commitment drive and ambition.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Managing Director Nick Speyer at nspeyer (at) bluewavesolar.com
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to nspeyer (at) bluewavesolar.com