Details: $75k+ DOE
Technology is changing the landscape of domestic work. Fair Care Labs (FCL) is harnessing the power of technology to build a caring economy. FCL utilizes technology to make work better for nannies, caregivers, and cleaners. As the social innovation hub of the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), one of the country’s most dynamic and successful social change organizations, FCL is charged with launching sustainable technology to create a fairer future for the care industry.
FCL is seeking a dedicated Software Engineer to join our growing team. The Software Engineer will work with the Technology Director to drive development for all products and services within FCL, in collaboration with FCL Entrepreneurs. FCL has incubated a suite of prototypes that are disrupting the industry like Alia, a platform for client-funded portable benefits, and contractsfornannies.com, the TurboTax for nanny contracts. This position will focus on developing the architecture for custom-built web application for Alia. This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve custom web applications;
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Collaborate and report to the Technology Director;
- Collaborate with FCL Entrepreneurs to launch lean prototypes that enable future experimentation.
Your Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience;
- 2 years relevant work experience in software development;
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages;
- Experience building web applications in a *nix environment;
- Self motivated and a proven ability to work independently and in partnership with a highly motivated team in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly growing organization;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations, including some of whom have a low technology skill level;
- Agreement and alignment with FCL and NDWA’s vision and values;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; and
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color.
- Further education in computer science or other related technical field.
- Experience with Python and Python web frameworks.
Generous benefits, including full family coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k, generous paid time off, flex spending account, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. Applicant reviews and interviews to begin in early-mid March 2018.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.