2519 Mission St
PicnicHealth’s mission is to structure the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, giving them with control over their care through a personal health timeline (see demo). We regularly partner with biotech, genomics, and pharma companies that sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for research volunteers, who then contribute their medical record data to research datasets. Through this work, we’re building the datasets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. PicnicHealth is scaling up rapidly with our volume expected to 10x over the next 6 months following recently signed partnerships.
PicnicHealth is building its presence in the multiple sclerosis (MS) community. Thanks to support from research sponsors, PicnicHealth will be offered free of charge as a benefit to patients volunteering to contribute their de-identified medical record data to advance MS science. You’ll be responsible for building and managing PicnicHealth’s relationship with MS patients and the MS advocacy and research communities more broadly.
- Open to part-time and full-time schedules
- San Francisco-based preferred but open to remote with periodic travel to SF
- Develop relationships with MS community organizations, advocacy groups, and support groups for patients and caregivers.
- Educate patients one-on-one and in group settings about PicnicHealth, the benefits of controlling your medical records, and the value of medical data for research.
- Represent PicnicHealth in diverse settings with patients, researchers, and advocacy organizations.
- Manage PicnicHealth’s social media and public presence as it related to MS.
- Work across the lifecycle of the PicnicHealth patient relationship, including outreach and education, recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing engagement.
- Work with design, writing, marketing, and alliance management functions to develop outreach materials for MS patients.
- Own partnership channels for reaching MS patients, including identifying and researching potential partners, outreach to potential partner, developing partnership agreements (with support from BD function as needed), maintaining relationships, and ensuring successful execution. Channels may include patient advocacy groups, research organizations, conferences, and digital health companies, among others.
- Pursue multiple outreach avenues at once, rapidly assess feasibility and potential, iterate and scale as needed.
- Work with patient influencers and community leaders to spread the word about PicnicHealth within the MS communities.
- Approach and work with MS academic research practitioners and other medical providers to spread the word about PicnicHealth.
- Develop content marketing strategy and content ideas for the MS community.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has personal experience with MS and/or deep roots in the MS advocacy community.
- Is motivated by improving care for MS patients and by advancing MS research.
- Can speak with different types of people for many hours every day without losing steam.
- Has demonstrated ability to interact with a broad range of audiences including patients from diverse backgrounds, advocates, doctors, academic researchers, staff and administrators at a range of organizations.
- Has the demonstrated ability to motivate people and organizations to take action around a specific issue.
- Can travel at least once a month within the US to attend conferences and events and meet with different partners.
- Is willing to try new things and continue iterating without getting discouraged.
- Is seeking a role in a fast-paced, result-driven environment.
Minimum Education Required