Uganda I Pro Bono Accountant for organisation pioneering changes for orphans in institutional care I 3-6 months
- Job posted by Accounting for International Development (AfID)
Details: Voluntary Assignment, Flights, Accommodation & Stipend provided
11 Glenthorne Road
Life changing opportunity for an experienced accountant (CPA/CIMA/ACCA - or equivalent) seeking to build international experience, supporting this pioneering child welfare organisation in Uganda.
Our partner is a rapidly growing organisation, pioneering the way in which children living in orphanages in Uganda are cared for, supported and reintegrated into a family environment. Having successfully piloted their approach in three districts in Uganda with the support of the Ugandan government, they are now seeking to influence national policy and in doing so, transforming the lives of the children living in orphanages.
As a result of rapid growth and an increase in grant funding, they are seeking the support of a pro bono accountant to bring their systems up to date and help them meet their grant compliance & reporting requirements, and their strategic plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Support in developing the 2019 budget; this will include working across the finance and programmes team to cost the strategic plan and enable reporting for each cost centre.
- Develop monthly reporting tools and timetables, so that the Ugandan Country Director and CEO have a good understanding of the financial position of the organisation.
- Develop reporting tools for the large donor grants.
- Support in developing the chart of accounts in Quickbooks, and ensuring that donor grants and associated expenditure are coded appropriately.
- Supporting and training staff on all areas including financial systems, process integrity, responsible accounting and risk management.
Accounting for International Development
AfID offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer assignments from 2 weeks form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries.
This opportunity is an excellent one for individuals looking to gain experience in the INGO sector; the scope of the role is quite broad and will offer a detailed insight into finance and systems development within an INGO that receives funding from a portfolio of donors, including DfID.
Uganda, the Pearl of Africa, is known for its wildlife, specifically as the home of mountain gorillas; for the warm hospitality of its people; and as one of the best banana, pineapple and avocado producing countries in the world.
Minimum Education Required