Details: We pay a competitive salary based on experience, qualifications, internal equity, and market data.
1001 SE Water Ave, Suite 400
We use Drupal as the basis for developing different kinds of web applications and online learning experiences for our clients. Demand for our services is growing and we need additional expertise to help with a variety of projects. We are seeking an experienced professional comfortable in a collaborative environment; someone capable of making innovative ideas clear: someone who can champion a project, process, idea, or client, and follow through to meet our goals. If you're interested in having the flexibility of working on a variety of web applications that help improve the process and practice of teaching and learning, please submit your application.
Details about the scope of the projects you'll be working on will be provided to finalists under a non-disclosure agreement.
In general, our Drupal Software Engineers conduct research and requirements analysis; write, revise and troubleshoot application code; provide technical or engineering support services on behalf of the team; participate in meetings with Clarity and its clients; and, conduct other duties as assigned from time to time.
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to contribute to Clarity’s success through excellent client service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives by:
- Planning, designing, and engineering custom Drupal-based web applications;
- Evaluating, installing, and configuring Drupal and third-party modules;
- Working with a Client Lead to understand and influence a project’s goals and requirements and how those goals align with the client's business and needs;
- Proposing effective and efficient solutions that comply with established guidelines for data security, instructional design, user experience, and software development best practices;
- Peer-reviewing engineering work, consulting on QA test plans, tracking open issues and resolving issues as needed;
- Staging and migrating development instances of Drupal into live production;
- Collaborating with colleagues from other departments to give feedback on, develop, and implement the visual style and instructional design, functionality, and content specifications for each of the software projects You are assigned; and,
- Working closely within a team and goal oriented environment, in a proactive manner, assuming such responsibilities as are necessary to get the job done (i.e., no such thing as ‘not my job’).
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to demonstrate:
- Precision, accuracy and completeness of work within the time and effort allotted;
- Experience prioritizing, organizing and coordinating work assignments;
- Effective customer service skills and a helpful, professional demeanor with clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple purposes (e.g., web-oriented, technical, training and creative); and,
- Good judgment in applying a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to be highly skilled at:
- Building a wide variety of web applications using Drupal;
- Modifying or expanding upon custom and third-party Drupal modules;
- Diving into the middle of an existing Drupal web application, reviewing code to piece together meaning, and developing a strategy for implementing desired changes;
- Working within iterative or agile rapid development processes;
- Using issue tracking software to provide frequent and timely progress updates on support requests and/or responses to unplanned outages;
- Documenting code and using git or equivalent software for managing revision control;
- Communicating complex technical concepts in a clear and comprehensible manner so that others may learn and apply the knowledge;
- Managing multiple assignments simultaneously by organizing and prioritizing workload to meet changing needs and deadlines;
- Using popular software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation materials, document publishing, document sharing, Web browsing, managing calendars, and email correspondence; and,
- Collaborating with a geographically diverse team.
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to possess advance knowledge of:
- Custom content types, Views , Display Suite, Context, Organic Groups, Tokens, Features, Rules, Entities; and,
- Drupal module hooks, database abstraction, menus, forms, nodes, and theming systems.
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to possess working knowledge of:
- PHP (e.g., functions, arrays, classes, objects, database IO, and troubleshooting and performance tuning techniques);
- Processes for migrating, upgrading and managing Drupal web applications.
- Linux configuration, file permissions, and command-line use, including tools like: rsync, SSH, vim/emacs, and grep;
- Apache and virtual host configuration;
- MySQL management, configuration, database schemas, and the ability to understand and debug SQL statements;
- Core networking principles and tools, including DNS, TCP/IP, and HTTPS; and,
- At least one genre of science fiction.
Drupal Software Engineers are expected to be physically and mentally able to:
- Work at a computer for a sustained period of time;
- Understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information provided to you;
- Understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions;
- Understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints;
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology;
- Organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis;
- Work from our offices in Portland, Oregon; and,
- Formulate complex and comprehensive materials such as authoritative reports, publications of major scope and impact, etc., and/or to make formal presentations.
Candidates are expected to have at least four years experience with Drupal, specifically encountering or achieving at least three of the following six criteria:
- Deployed into live production three or more Drupal-based websites;
- Migrated a website from another CMS to Drupal;
- Implemented custom Drupal themes based on Zen or equivalent base theme;
- Created a custom module;
- Developed a website using multiple Drupal roles, including both internal and external user roles;
- Maintained and supported a website with more than 1,000 users for at least a year; or,
- Managed a Drupal-based website hosted on Acquia, Pantheon, or AWS.
The equivalent of an associate's degree from an accredited educational institution with emphasis in computer science, software programming, web development or a closely related field is required. Coursework towards a professional certification is strongly preferred. Likewise, membership in a professional organization of a related field is strongly desired though not required.
- Medical (including chiropractic, naturopathic and acupuncturist care), dental, vision and prescription insurance (premiums for employee coverage are fully paid by Clarity Innovations)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for medical and dependent care, and transportation pre-tax reimbursement
- Automatic 6% employer contribution to 401(k) plan (with no employee contribution required)
- Membership dues in one professional association of your choice in a related field
- Accrue up to ten (10) hours of PTO, computed on a pro rata basis of Your FTE, each month, in addition to an annual grant based on your years of service.
- Nine paid holidays (ten, counting the employee's birthday)
- Flexible scheduling and telecommuting privileges (for 20% of your schedule)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow these instructions to prepare your cover letter and resume.