Details: Approximately 25 hours per month; $2,000/per month retainer. Intermittent evening and weekend work required.
District of Columbia
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Political Researcher will provide research support for the Director of the Washington Office/Chief Data Scientist. This is a freelance role as as independent contractor.
- Provide research assistance to the Director of the Washington Office/Chief Data Scientist by collecting, interpreting, analyzing data and proposing appropriate conclusions.
- Prepare reports, as requested.
- 3 -4 years of experience as a researcher, or related experience.
- Map-making software (GIS,Tableau, or others)
- STATA and/or SPSS
- Experienced with data manipulation and skilled in database management software
- Experience with Catalist required. Experience with VAN strongly preferred.
- Expert facility with data visualization tools and techniques.
- Ability to use Excel at advanced level, including advanced formatting and charting, VBA and macros, and integration of Excel with other tools.
- Strong listening, written and oral communications skills and outstanding attention to detail and follow through.
- Passion for working in the social justice sector and progressive politics.
- Track record of being a highly organized, productive, and efficient in performing research and communicating results of research.
- Flexible, adaptable and dependable with the ability to pivot quickly depending upon needs.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently.
- Given the deadline-driven nature of our work, proactivity, flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly is a must.
- Approximately 25 hours per month; $2,000/per month retainer. Intermittent evening and weekend work required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
To apply, please email a cover letter and a resume, preferably in a single attachment, to: email@example.com. The cover letter should highlight why you are interested in the position and why it is right for you. Please use this as subject line of your email: Researcher. All documents need to be Microsoft Word or PDF files (PDF files are preferred). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.