Details: Base salary to be discussed in interview
Our Area Directors are passionate about working with kids and making an impact. They think innovation is important—so important that it’s at the cornerstone of how they lead, motivate, and inspire their staff. They are effective project managers, detail-oriented operations specialists, and visionary entrepreneurs. They care about our culture, our work, our development, and our community efforts. They embody our values of being visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined, and reflective. They are Galileo.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for eight years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galileo Area Director means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You believe that the best managers are ones who serve and support their teams, and you measure your success in large part by the success of those around you
- You’re a lifelong learner. You’re eager to build on and develop skills in project and people management
- You operate with an all-hands-on-deck mentality and understand that there’s no task too small
- You’re an adept time manager
- You’re committed to quality and are prepared to put in long hours when necessary. You take ownership over your own performance and strive to make Galileo—and yourself—better every day.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Experience in multi-site operational management, managing projects, programs, or services
- Minimum 5 years experience working with K-8th grade range and managing people, ideally a team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate relationships with host school partners, identify ideal sites, perform outreach to schools, and negotiate facilities contracts
- Skillfully drive enrollment, revenue, and profit goals for your sites
- Hire, train, collaborate with and develop a team of 3-8 site directors
- Be a supportive manager with high expectations and thoughtfully push your team to greatness
- Work closely with cross-company stakeholders on projects ranging from grassroots marketing campaigns to recruiting
- Work from a results-oriented mindset and quickly cut through obstacles to consistently exceed expectations
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment
- 25 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply, visit our website at https://corporate-galileo.icims.com/jobs/8579/regional-area-director%2c-summer-camps/job