ABOUT GAP INC.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Customers are wearing their values, now more than ever, and inclusion is an integral part of purchase decisions – from design concept to marketing to the online and in-store experience. As we push for change within the fashion industry, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure that everyone feels seen in the products we make and sell. We’re looking for (3) Senior Managers of Customer Belonging to help bring inclusion to life within our brands, establishing a shared vision for product inclusivity and customer empathy to build a “Best Product. Best Experience.” approach across Gap Inc. You’ll serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive and advance diversity & inclusion efforts through Equality & Belonging’s Customer Belonging platform: product inclusion, online + in-store experience, and customer engagement (social + communications + activations).
- Serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio. Partner with product leads to cultivate an environment for employees that demonstrate Gap Inc.’s commitment to creating for all, with all.
- Serve as the center of excellence within the brands (dividing ownership between Specialty Brands, Old Navy, and Athleta) for inclusive product research, strategy, design and execution to more readily identify opportunities and develop more inclusive products and customer experiences that drive bottom-line impact
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Design/Tech Design, Trend & Concept, Production, Marketing, and other key business teams to explore, research, and inform the development of more inclusive products and customer segments
- Create best practices and processes for HQ and Field teams to standardize inclusive product creation and customer engagement
- Consult with Consumer Insights and ARO teams to review global market data, identify industry trends, maintain cultural relevance, and capture product and customer segment opportunities
- Partner with Gap Inc. and Brand communication teams, routinely highlighting the company’s inclusion efforts through key communication channels
- Partner with Talent Management/Learning & Development to integrate inclusive design principles and bias mitigation concepts into product lifecycle learning curriculum
WHO YOU ARE
- 6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
- 3 + years of people leadership/managing with strong evidence of professional maturity with 3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
- Experience partnering with senior internal leadership to inform and guide the direction of inclusive recruitment near and long-term perspectives; Comfortable managing through ambiguity to define clear road maps, recommendations, plans and processes
- Experience building, scaling and leading diversity recruiting programs and managing external partnerships; quickly assessing gaps, opportunities and developing actionable and measurable plans to execute
- Recruiting delivery experience within a matrixed organization
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build trusting relationships, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company