222 Sutter St
Sales Development Representative
SalesSan Francisco, CA, United States
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
Target Start Date: July 9, 2018
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for motivated and smart Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to build our growing sales team. This position is perfect if you enjoy taking on a wide range of responsibilities including: developing client relationships, financial modeling, market research, and building scalable tools and infrastructure. You will undergo 4 weeks of intensive, on-the-job training and receive ongoing mentorship. You will take ownership over development of the top of the sales funnel, take on increasing responsibility in all phases of the development cycle over time, and master the skills necessary for a Carbon Lighthouse sales professional. You will be committed to our environmental mission, possess great curiosity, ask challenging questions, and think creatively. The initial career path is focused on early stage client engagement, with many opportunities for growth and specialization as the company expands.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income, and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Qualify and develop opportunities with commercial real estate firms, hotels and resorts, small-medium business, and K-12 educational institutions
- Identify and prospect key C-suite and senior executive decision makers through cold calling, outreach campaigns, and events
- Provide support and analysis to the entire sales team including Associates, Sales Operations, Account Managers, VP of Sales, and CEO
- Work closely with the engineering, marketing, and the sales teams to develop and improve business strategy
- Articulate complex ideas with elegant simplicity and tell a rational, financially compelling, engineering-driven story in an engaging, enjoyable, differentiated way
- Passion for environment, climate change, and mission-oriented work
- Ability to tell complex, nuanced stories succinctly and with passion
- Desire to work with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; adaptability is key
- Initiative to troubleshoot and improve processes
- Ability to work independently
- Honesty, politeness, and integrity
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning and applying concepts of corporate finance, capital markets, real estate, energy, and building technology
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + commission + equity
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Fill out the brief application form below and be prepared to submit three references later.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we look forward to hearing from you.
Minimum Education Required