Nesterly, founded at M.I.T. and named “genius...poised to forever change our cities” by Fast Company, is in search of a Customer Advocate to help us solve the urban housing crisis. You should be a clear and positive communicator ready to jump right in! As one of our first hires, you’ll work directly with the CEO, have the autonomy to shape your role, grow our community, and help people in need.
Nesterly increases access to affordable urban housing while helping older people age in their homes. We do this by connecting households with spare space to young people who are seeking a place to stay for longer than one month. Over the last year, we ran a successful pilot with the City of Boston, launched the world’s first intergenerational homesharing platform, received global press and recognition (e.g. Forbes, The NYT, Fast Company, NPR, Harvard Business Review etc.), and are now rapidly expanding our customer base with 100 new sign-ups per month.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and hands-on Customer Advocate to join our team to help us deliver excellent customer experience as we expand to additional markets. Since this will be our first full-time Customer Advocate hire there is a significant opportunity for autonomy, leadership and systems-thinking to help us solve the urban housing crisis in cities around the world through intergenerational home-sharing.
What You’ll Do:
- Externally, act as the ‘voice of Nesterly,’ offering personable and effective support to customers over phone and email
- Internally, act as the ‘voice of the customer,’ supporting product development, user testing, marketing, and analytics to ensure we build with empathy and incorporate feedback
- Internally, help systematize and grow the Customer Advocacy team, helping design and implement sales training and business operation processes to ensure excellent customer experience
What we’re looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (great listener, clear and compassionate communicator, mediation training is a plus)
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach to tackling problems
- Passion for building organizations that solve real world challenges
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter that explains why you would like to work on this mission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required