OVERVIEW/JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Galileo is looking for an agile and service-minded seasonal coordinator to join our highly collaborative People Operations team. This seasonal team-member supports all summer staff hiring process logistics, while also ensuring timely, informative, and gracious correspondence with both candidates and hiring managers.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs for kids at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
Schedule & Time Commitment
- Training days, approximately 30-40 hours per week January 14 – January 23
- 40 hours/week, January 24 – Friday, June 28
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a deeply accountable, service-minded powerhouse.
- You take great pride in leveraging your administrative talents to support others.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You’re excited to join a high-functioning team, and continuously seek feedback to learn and develop.
- You care about people and the relationships you build with them.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative role preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite and Google products, and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to engage professionally and enthusiastically with applicants and internal clients via phone and email
- Experience working with children or in an educational organization helpful, but not required
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics of the candidate interview process, including day-to-day management of the interview schedule, materials preparation for hiring managers, and more.
- Deftly track all communication with thousands of summer staff candidates in our applicant tracking system, from pre-application inquiries to post-interview references.
- Skillfully and warmly deliver guidance and service to candidates via email and phone.
Minimum Education Required