26 O'Farrell Street
HR Associate – Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Brilliant Earth is hiring a hands-on, results oriented HR Associate responsible for assisting in creating and nurturing a positive, hardworking culture through recruitment efforts and initiatives relating to maintaining and supporting a productive, efficient, enjoyable and safe working environment. This position is responsible for contributing to the Human Resources function including but not limited to HR administration and recruiting, and keeping a close eye on anything and everything that affects the performance and well-being of the staff, both internally and externally. The HR Associate is adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. You will have growing responsibility in a wide variety of functions. You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth and culture while developing your problem solving and project management skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be bright, organized, energetic and dependable.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of the applicant tracking system.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify skills and experience needed to fill key openings.
- Assist with drafting and maintaining job postings to maximize pipeline.
- Interview, assess and recommend candidates to the hiring managers based on skills, experience, and cultural alignment.
- Manage candidates through the search process, ensuring good communications and an exceptional candidate experience.
- Contribute to initiatives dedicated to improving the entire recruitment function – improving the candidate experience, increasing time to hire, etc.
- Arrange aspects of company meetings and team building events, contribute to the development and sustainability of the overall company culture.
- BA degree preferred
- Experience in a similar role in a fast grow office environment preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines in a fast pace environment
- High level of attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to adapt quickly in a flexible environment while making an impact utilizing creative problem solving skills
- Strong relationship building and client management skills
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and high ethical standards
- Professional demeanor and the ability to communicate with senior management and a diverse candidate pool
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Shows integrity, discretion and ethical behavior in all work situations
- Dependable and responsible with excellent work ethic, able to work occasional extended hours
- Strong PC/MS Office Computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and product
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply