As a Senior Manager, Project Delivery you will work as part of a collaborative team implementing projects for a range of clients to advance the social and economic wellbeing of youth and adults around the world. In this role, you will directly contribute to the implementation of projects primarily in the area of Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG), leveraging your strong project management skills to effectively guide their execution. Success in this role requires strong management skills, excellent communications and writing skills, systems thinking, dedication to teamwork, an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and a commitment to quality.
Principal Duties include:
Project Delivery Activities
- Support and supervise project staff who provide direct project backstopping, guiding them on project-level compliance and financial and operational management (budgeting, pipeline analyses, projections); appropriate project documentation; and resource management (subcontractors, vendors, consultants, level of effort, and project-level travel/direct cost inputs).
- In coordination with the Task Order Manager and other team members, develop work plans and budget estimates for projects and specific in-country assessments and activities, identifying tasks to be accomplished, mechanisms for completion, and realistic client-focused timelines.
- Conduct periodic reviews of projects’ progress towards objectives, as well as in meeting financial targets.
- Work alongside other key team members to manage client relations and tactical aspects of project implementation.
- Draft, issue, and participate in RFP/Qs for specific services (e.g., security, research, etc.) related to in-country or specific project activities.
- Support the development, implementation, evaluation, and close-out of project-based grants.
- Contribute to development or further refinement of project management tools, systems, processes, and policies by identifying areas for improvement and leading efforts to implement such improvements.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Contribute to activities related to monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning. This may include contributing to research, literature reviews, surveys, interviews/focus groups, and/or database development.
- Contribute to the development and adaptation of technical frameworks and tools.
- Contribute to thought leadership through written materials on topics of expertise.
- Actively develop own skills and contribute to the development of other team members through peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, and coaching.
- Contribute to the development of processes, systems, approaches, and tools to capture and effectively communicate lessons learned and best practices from project activities.
Business Development and Communications
- Participate in networking and client relationship development opportunities.
- Develop communication pieces, such as learning products, reports, presentations, capability statements, website updates, briefing documents, and case studies.
- Represent Making Cents to clients through presentations and speaking engagements.
- Participate in proposal development, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 14 years’ work experience, or Master’s degree plus 8 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing donor-funded international development projects
- Prior experience working within the Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) or closely related sector
- Strong personnel management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of US Government contract compliance
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Our ideal candidates are:
- Graduates of an advanced degree program in social sciences, economics, policy, or international relations/development
- Excellent writers, communicators, and presenters
- Able to develop strategies and execute with a high degree of ownership
- Resourceful problem-solvers who take the initiative to learn new skills
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages in addition to English, with a preference for French, Spanish, or Arabic