1021 3rd Street
OVERVIEW/JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Galileo is hiring tech, digital arts, and/or engineering buffs with a passion for teaching and program development for seasonal (and primarily remote) positions at our Bay Area headquarters. We’re looking for a team of talented and knowledgeable part-time Curriculum Developers to lead the creation and revision process for classes within Galileo’s Summer Camps @ The Tech program.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs for kids at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
Schedule & Time Commitment
- 5-10 hours a week depending on projects; opportunities for additional hours based on availability and expertise
- Position will begin by mid-January (with official start date to be determined), and range in duration from 4-8 weeks
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re an experienced, creative, fun-loving program or curriculum developer.
- You can juggle—and do some of your best work independently.
- You’re an organized, problem-solving teammate.
- You love fine-tuning logistics, have impeccable follow-through, and have a deep desire to contribute to the larger team vision.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service role
- Experience teaching children in an informal or formal K-8 educational setting
- Proven track record of creating original curriculum within a preset deadline schedule
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as Summer Camps @ The Tech’s education thought leader, refining the vision for Galileo’s Summer Camps @ The Tech program.
- Work closely with The Tech Program Director to ensure the seamless integration of the Galileo Innovation Approach in the curriculum.
- Develop highly engaging and original curriculum through performing deep research on content, materials and software.
- Support other curriculum activities and initiatives as needed.
Minimum Education Required