Raise money for the causes that count.
In this role, you’ll craft impactful and creative digital fundraising campaigns for a range of 2-4 nonprofit clients, on channels ranging from email, to paid media, to web and beyond.
- Develop cross-channel digital communications programs that raise money for a variety of missions, including international development, public health and social causes.
- Develop creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, web and more.
- Execute major email programs from start to finish, on systems like the BSD Tools, Marketo and Silverpop.
- Work closely with designers, analysts, and paid media planners to build, test and optimize campaigns.
- As part of a team, pitch concepts and present plans to client stakeholders.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Stay aware of the latest digital trends and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
Our Content and Campaigns team is made up of talented writers, fundraisers, and internet obsessives. Our resumes boast diverse backgrounds in advertising, political campaigns, journalism, nonprofit marketing and much more. Writing great copy is at the heart of what we do, but we are so much more than copywriters -- we code emails, develop campaign strategies, brainstorm creative, develop testing plans, collaborate with designers and are never above a terrible pun. In short, we have a lot of fun while helping our clients change the world.
The top things we're looking for
- 3+ years in digital fundraising or similar
- A passion for raising money for some of the top nonprofits in the industry
- Impeccable writing skills
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding
- Familiarity with email tools such as Marketo, Watson Campaign Automation, Luminate, BSD Tools or similar
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at BSD
- Experience with paid media or SMS campaigns a plus!
- Cover letters are required for consideration for this role
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.
Minimum Education Required