NationSwell is a leading social impact media company. We’re a platform for problem-solvers, and our mission is to power the solutions and innovations that will move our country forward. We advance the mission through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem-solvers and reached 275M+ impressions with our content; through the NationSwell Council – a special membership community of more nearly 800 service-minded leaders who share a passion for service, for taking action around solutions, and for collaborating and supporting each other – the Council was mentioned in this recent article in The Atlantic as A Cure for Post-Election Malaise; and our Impact Studio, where we work with mission-aligned companies like Starbucks, Seventh Generation, Comcast, Toyota and many more to support and amplify their social impact efforts through story-telling, digital distribution, and creative impact campaigns.
We’re passionate about telling the stories of creative solutions that bridge the opportunity divide, promote national service, protect the environment, and make government work. We love our team, too, and show it with competitive salaries, a flexible and remote working environment, an amazing culture, and a strong dedication to our mission.
This role is NationSwell mission control - one part air traffic control for NationSwell’s CEO and COO and one part administrative and logistics black belt. Your deft coordination will ensure that NationSwell delivers on our mission to power the solutions and innovations that will move America forward.
This role keeps the NationSwell team connected, organized, informed, focused, fueled and inspired with the tools, systems and behaviors that streamline our processes and workload. We’re growing and evolving, and you’ll be key in making it happen.
The individual who will flourish in this role genuinely enjoys supporting a buzzing entrepreneurial team, has experience juggling competing priorities in a start-up environment, exercises great judgment and initiative, and has a general knack for coordination and communication.
The Operations Coordinator will nail important, critical details and tasks to help make big things happen. You will shadow the current person in this role and over time take on the following responsibilities.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provide executive and personal support to the CEO and COO
- Gather instances of impact to share with internal and external stakeholders (monthly and quarterly)
- Manage company-wide, day-to-day financial systems and processes
- Oversee office space, including day-to-day operations, setup, design, upkeep, and meeting technology
- Project-manage company-wide presentations (i.e. team meetings, monthly impact share, quarterly and annual strategic reviews)
- Oversee hiring and onboarding process by creating hiring timelines, posting job descriptions and arranging interviews for potential candidates
- Provide logistical support on signature events and special projects as assigned
- Manage current team building activities and contribute new ideas to continuously improve team culture
- Are highly organized, meticulous, energetic and action oriented
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Thrive most when you’re juggling many tasks
- Appreciate a fast-paced environment and the relentless pursuit of excellence
- Can you manage your own task list and know how to effectively manage up
- Truly enjoy enabling people and groups to be their best selves
- Are passionate about driving social impact
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a key coordinator role (ideally within a start-up or social enterprise).
- Impressive communication skills (oral and written, an articulate, accurate, and timely communicator).
- A positive, can-do attitude and a great sense of humor.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and presentation software Keynote/PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency with web-based tools and systems; always exploring new tools and methods of organizing and connecting people.
We love our staff—and to show our deep appreciation, we offer competitive salaries, amazing benefits and more. We know that having a positive team culture is essential to achieving our goals, so we put time and effort into making NationSwell an encouraging, energizing, and exciting place to work.
Minimum Education Required