Full Time Contract
Science Center Explainers, Teachers and Demonstrators
Are you ready to travel, see Europe and get some fantastic international work experience? Come work with us!
Explorium is a major new visitor attraction located in Dublin, Ireland. Our center is aimed at schools and families and the majority of our visitors will be young people ages 5-16. Explorium combines interactive exhibits and activities focused on both science and sport.
At our Science Center, our Explainers, Demonstrators and Teachers are at the heart of all we do. We need bright, engaging, creative people to act as the primary interface between our center and our customers. Our Science Center staff will respond to visitor queries, help, advise, and educate our guests but most of all we want our staff to create genuine interaction with our guests especially when presenting our shows or classes.
This is as fantastic opportunity to work at a Science Center in the Dublin the vibrant capital city of Ireland. Explorium is a 100,000 square foot facility with over 350 science exhibits, a tinkering studio and a theater for classes and shows. Assistance with accommodation will be provided to suitable candidates. Three month, six month and 12 month contracts are available.
· To lead our classes, shows and demonstrations which will be held every day at our center.
· To research new shows or programs and be able to create, present and manage all aspects of them.
· To reach out to various constituents to bring in new members and visitors to our programs.
· To continuously innovate new ideas and generate excitement for new concepts that we can bring to our visitors
· To be able to actively demonstrate the operation of each item combined with a fun and engaging narrative and performance.
· To take initiative to guide and inform guests as and when they see that it requires to be done.
Key Personal Requirements and Qualities
· Experience working with a Science Museum in a similar role is a requirement.
· Experience in leading classes or demonstrations in technology, mechanics, science and tinkering.
· Experience in any of the performing arts a plus.
· Need to demonstrate a really outgoing and engaging personality.
· Experience in a public facing role in a high customer-volume business will be an advantage.
· Fluent English is a requirement.
Note: Meeting the eligibility requirements for the Irish Working Holiday Visa Program is a basic requirement
Opportunity to travel.
Assistance with accommodation.
Great career opportunity to assist new center during start-up phase.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required