Calle Colombia y Calle 44 Este
ou love Excel. Spreadsheet are how you think and perfectly documented receipts make you happy. You’re looking for the challenge of balancing the books of a growing start-up in the middle of the jungle. You get excited when the numbers add up and every penny is accounted for. You have experience using online finance trackers and can keep accurate ledgers and budgets. You are extremely organized and never lose a receipt.
Kalu Yala is hiring a new Finance Manager to oversee the financial aspect of the companies triple bottom line. Your role will be to learn our financial systems and manage the day-to-day of KY’s finances including payment processing, revenue tracking, general ledger reconciliations, and all sorts of transaction categorization. Finance in the startup world means making every penny count so keeping diligent records is required for financial success. You will work directly with the CEO and founder, HR, and the Institute President to make sure that each aspect of the company is meeting target spending goals.
- 2+ years accounting/finance experience or related field
- Degree in related field, preferred not required
- Broad array of skills in the areas of excel modeling, financial data categorization, revenue forecasting, expense tracking, and planning
- Strong written, oral, digital communication skills.
- Energetic, positively oriented, proactive, collaborative.
- Spanish speaker
- Wilderness First Responder or other medical training
- CPR certified
- Manual vehicle/4x4 experience
- Flexible and resilient
- Experience living in community
- $1,000 per month in salary
- Room + Board valued at $550 a month in our tropical wilderness camp
- 6 weeks paid vacation yearly, 2 weeks accrued semesterly after 3 month probationary period
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaker preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the website above to apply for this position at kaluyala.com/jobs.