30 S. 15th Street
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
You’re highly talented, ambitious, energetic, and member-focused. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing inspiration to our members. You’ll wear many hats and be exposed to facets of member support, sales, marketing, operations, and technology. Oh, and you’ll have fun while you’re at it.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Handle inbound phone calls, emails, live, and chat requests from our tens of thousands of members daily
- Retain members thinking about cancelling their clean energy subscription by effectively communicating the value of clean energy and Inspire’s offer
- Empathize and connect with members
- Work closely with your counterparts in our bicoastal office to create a unified office culture
- Resolving member issues while focusing on first contact resolution
- Impacting our Marketing and Sales teams by providing insightful member feedback
- Championing for our members in internal discussions, and helping our Sales, Technology, and Marketing teams prioritize improvements to members’ experience and all processes
- Develop an ownership mentality by contributing daily to the overall strategy of the department
- Contribute in short term, interdepartmental rotational projects
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience working in customer facing roles (service, retail, etc)
- 1 year of inbound sales, outbound, or retention experience preferred
- A desire to change the world through clean energy and empowering people
- Intrinsically motivated individual, detail-oriented, and high personal accountability
- Ability to retain customers and handling challenging calls with positivity and professionalism
- Understand telephone sales techniques and customer needs
- Thrive in a fast-moving, constantly changing, startup environment
- Growth mindset and a desire to grow personally and professionally
- BA or BS from college or university preferred
CULTURE & PERKS
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy. Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most consumer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire offers competitive compensation, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, a dog friendly workplace & LOTS of cupcakes!
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Required
Bi-lingual Spanish - A plus
Minimum Education Required