26 O'Farrell Street
Operations Manager, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Operations Manager for Brilliant Earth. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day product operations, including production, logistics, supply chain, inventory, and fulfillment, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer experience critical to Brilliant Earth’s success.
You will also be responsible for scaling our people and processes to meet the ever-growing needs of our business. The Operations Manager will lead, recruit, and motivate a team, and be required to work closely with cross-functional groups, including sales and customer service, finance, and marketing.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced, results driven environments and has demonstrated an ability to work effectively with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily product operations, including order management, production, inventory, logistics, supply chain, and fulfillment.
- Ensure scalability, cost effectiveness and overall process efficiency.
- Manage operations teams to empower individuals and help solve day to day problems properly allocating tasks and resources to ensure general operations run smoothly.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to quality.
- Work closely with the executive team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
- Develop and track KPIs to measure and manage efficiencies, cost improvements, productivity, and quality.
- Identify and implement technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business along with disciplines that underlie a supply chain operation.
- Analyze, formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business. Continually improve and automate systems.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a strong team to meet company objectives.
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including developing new relationships and handling escalations.
- Responsible for supply planning, purchasing, and inventory control. Oversee and continually improve purchasing with respect to the company’s quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Ensure all aspects of product supply chain are well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
Specific qualifications include:
- 7-10 years of Operations Management experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or ecommerce company preferred
- BA degree required (MBA or MS preferred)
- Experience managing cross-functional team of direct reports, including hiring
- Highly analytical and efficient in presenting data
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Demonstrated abilities to lead a team within a fast-paced start up environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of ERP systems
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply: https://brilliantearth.applytojob.com/apply/8cCCeFsODC/Operations-Manager?source=Idealist