1021 3rd Street
Galileo is looking for an astute, service-minded Selection Coordinator to join our fast-paced People Operations team. Members of our Selection Team are the first to greet our applicants, review resumes, schedule and conduct interviews, while embodying a constant commitment to candidate care.
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a deeply accountable, performance-driven team-player.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You’re excited to join a high-functioning team, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative role preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft and Google Suites, as well as the ability to type 60 WPM
- Experience working with children or in an educational organization helpful, but not required
- Inclusive mindset, with a deep commitment to building diverse environments
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Help manage the applicant pipeline, reviewing resumes in our applicant tracking system and ultimately determining how best to direct candidates to hiring managers.
- Guide candidates and track associated communication throughout the hiring process, which may include everything from application follow-up to interview confirmation calls to reference checks.
- Exemplify the Galileo brand of candidate care, skillfully and warmly delivering advocacy and service to candidates.
- Envision process improvements and support seasonal staff training plans.
- Employee medical and dental benefits and 401(k) provided by Galileo
- 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online on our website here.