244 5th Avenue
BAP is headquartered in Gulu, Uganda where most of our operations and team are located. However, our NYC presence is a critical one as it’s the place where we send and receive mail, deposit checks, and take care of U.S. logistics.
Who you are: you are a detail oriented, independent worker, and reliable person who is passionate about social impact.
- Checking mailbox at least 1-2 times per week (location: 27th / 5th Ave)
- Depositing checks at the bank (Bank of American) within 24 hours of receiving checks in mail
- Emailing and uploading a summary of mail, checks, and other updates to BAP’s Executive Director (within 24 hours of checking mail).
Writing and mailing thank you notes:
- Pulling donation reports and setting up mailers for thank you notes, 1-2 times per month
- Transcribing notes that BAP’s staff in Uganda writes and mailing them out in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and sending mass mailings that happen twice a year.
- Creating social media content and scheduling in advance for the month for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Drafting and sending newsletters once a month
WHO YOU ARE
- Detail oriented
- Non-tradition schedule preferred (i.e. not working at a place with 9am-6pm hours).
- Reliable and consistent communicator
- Able to commit 5-10 hours per week for at least one year
Minimum Education Required