Details: Salary is competitive, and commensurate with experience
1580 Lincoln Street
Project Manager Job Description
CiviCore is a growing Software as a Service (“SaaS”) company serving nonprofit organizations and public-sector agencies throughout the US and the world. We are organized as a Public Benefit Corporation with a strong social mission to build capacity in the social sector through the development and implementation of great software.
Our software as a service platform supports projects and products that enable online philanthropy, client/case management and scholarship application management. Our accomplishments include processing over $100 million a year in philanthropic dollars and providing software to thousands of great nonprofit organizations located all over the world.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Project Manager to help us further build on our success.
CiviCore project managers are the primary link between our nonprofit clients during the process of configuring our solutions to our client’s needs. Project managers are critical to maintaining strong relationships with our clients and delivering exceptional value. Project Managers' first priority should be their work with CiviCore clients.
Responsibilities and expectations of a project manager include:
- Successfully manage the relationship with our clients and stakeholders including maintaining a high level of client satisfaction
- Maintaining strong professional client-facing and internal communication skills
- Exemplifying professionalism internally and externally
- Working with clients to configure applications on CiviCore application platform
- Coordinating internal resources toward the successful execution of projects
- Managing hours according to each project’s budget
- Delivering work on schedule, on or under budget and within scope
- Managing changes to the project scope; project schedule and project costs according to CiviCore project management processes
- Following CiviCore project manager processes including completion of all checklists
- Attaining and maintaining the technical skills necessary to configure high quality applications
- Maintaining an average billable hourly rate in excess of 60% of total hours worked
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Contributing to process improvements
- Continuing to engage in professional development activities (may include PMI or equivalent certification)
- Ability to work with clients at a conceptual and technical level
- Strong presentation and client management skills
- Experience with SQL and/or Database design and management
- Experience working with CiviCore systems (not required, but a big plus!)
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science/Mathematics degrees a plus)
- Software and/or technology project management experience
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Software as a Service processes
- A passion for the nonprofit sector and a desire to make a difference!
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and our specific client niches (highly desirable)
- A team player for whom a victory for any one of us, and our clients, is a victory for all of us.
CiviCore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English, with additional languages a plus, but not required.
Minimum Education Required