POSITION TITLE Senior Design Strategist
PROJECT OR DIVISION iDE Innovation Lab, Cambodia
REPORTS TO iDE Innovation Lab Cambodia Director
LOCATION Based in Phnom Penh
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Design Strategist with international work experience to join a team of designers, researchers and changemakers from around the world. Ideally you are someone that is comfortable with leading innovation projects, managing client relationships, and most importantly bringing new innovation methodologies, ideas and ways of working to the broader team.
The current eight person team at the iDE Innovation Lab have all been working together for a number of years, so this is a rare opportunity to join a well established team working on a broad range of projects with a social innovation focus in Cambodia.
Who will you be working for?
You will be working with the iDE Innovation Lab, we are embedded within iDE’s country office in Cambodia with a mission to champion an integrated approach to innovation that drives lasting impact for iDE’s multi-sectoral programs.
The iDE Innovation Lab also functions as a strategy and innovation consultancy working in focus areas of water, sanitation & hygiene, climate change (clean energy, conservation), agriculture, and maternal health & nutrition. Over the years we have worked with a portfolio of international development organizations such as Care International, Hellen Keller, USAID, UNICEF, World Bank Group, Plant and Food Research, Save the Children, and SNV.
We are in the business of driving lasting, impactful innovation through a market system approach and human centered design methodologies, and we are looking for a world class expert in innovation to join our multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
iDE is a global organization spanning offices in 14 countries, employing over 1,000 people directly, and indirectly enabling income, and opportunities for our rural audience of focus through market-based approaches across different sectors. Find out more about iDE here!
What you will be doing:
- Managing multiple end to end social innovation projects (includes leading the strategy, research, prototyping and testing solutions, ideating, project & client management, mentoring a team throughout the process)
- Managing a small team of friendly researchers and designers
- Coaching the team on a diverse set of innovation methodologies and approaches
- Establishing and nurturing client relationships
- Writing proposals and creating exciting new business opportunities
- Experience the beautiful Cambodian countryside when travelling to remote areas for research and testing
- Running fun and engaging co-creation/brainstorming workshops in the field and in the office
- Developing a wide range of prototypes and running tests to validate prototypes in the field
Your experience level:
- Someone who knows what they’re doing, with at least 5 years of experience working for a design firm/innovation lab
- Experience working in different countries, across diverse cultural environments, or remote areas
The type of experience that we are looking for:
- Experienced in applying various innovation methodologies to projects (human centered design, behaviour change methodologies, behavioural economics, rapid prototyping and testing)
- Experienced in innovation management techniques (sprint/agile project management, lean, stage gates)
- Experienced in overseeing, managing and leading design research projects (building a project plan, meeting deadlines, and delegating tasks)
- Experienced in managing and coaching other team members
- Visual design or product design skills
- Experienced in developing creative directions, and communicating this effectively with a client and team
- Experienced in writing proposal and business development
- Experienced in facilitating workshops (HCD, co-creations, stakeholder alignments)
- Experienced in presenting in front of large audiences
- Skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- High proficiency in English reading, writing and speaking
Bonus points if you have:
- A business/marketing background, or experience working as an entrepreneur
- Experience working on digital solutions (UX Design, ICT tools)
Ideally, we would love to find someone that:
- Is passionate, dynamic, and curious
- Is open and happy to share new methods and ideas with the team
- Is an autonomous problem-solver with a mind full of ideas ready to be tested
- Brings a positive attitude to the team and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Is driven by a social mission
- Has cultural sensitivity and respect towards unfamiliar contexts
- Has a flexible mindset, is agile and adaptive, and at the same time takes into account their capacity, deadlines and limitations
- Has excellent time and people management skills
- Can embrace uncertainty and manage stress
- Is able to challenge the status quo in order to create creative solutions
- Our intention is to pay our staff a competitive salary benchmarked with market pay scales, and commensurate with experience. In addition, we will cover both health and accident insurance.
Would you like to apply?
Send us the following:
- Portfolio with your previous projects
- Through a video, a poster, a sketch/other creative medium, tell us about yourself, your practice, your motivations to work at the iDE’s Innovation Lab, and why you are the best candidate. Just be creative and tell us a good story!
Our deadline for applications is February 20th, 2021… We know it’s not a lot of time to apply, but you won’t regret it! Know anyone who fits? Help us share this: shorturl.at/flosS