1355 Market Street
Twitter is a world-wide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. The Twitter @Policy team focuses on public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. We also manage and direct Twitter’s corporate social responsibility work in the markets we serve. Our #TwitterforGood efforts involve working directly with NGOs active in the areas of freedom of expression, online safety and security, women and minorities in tech, and emergency services/disaster recovery.
We’re looking for a Public Policy Coordinator for our signature local #TwitterForGood initiative in San Francisco, the @NeighborNest. The @NeighborNest is a 4,000 square foot community tech lab that hosts technology and social service programming for a range of community partners in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do:
- Great all visitors to the @NeighborNest and ensure they are properly signed in, badged, and directed to their Twitter host.
- Screen new visitors for eligibility to use the space, briefly help orient them, and find out the purpose for their visit.
- Work directly with facilities to ensure that all office and kitchen supplies are stocked and available.
- Coordinate with Twitter Security staff to ensure safety of facility and that visitor policy is consistent with security protocols.
- Monitor and maintain visitor registration & salesforce database.
- Assist @Policy Team with internal events at the @NeighborNest and TwitterSF and ad hoc projects.
- Work with NGOs on bolstering Twitter’s NGO engagement, #TwitterforGood days of service, and other corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about social justice work and philanthropy.
- Possesses the empathy and fortitude to work with and serve underserved adults and their children.
- Enjoys and is comfortable working around children.
- Creative problem-solver with a knack for designing and implementing great new processes.
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced, difficult environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire for constant improvement.
- Professional, friendly, approachable demeanor.
- You’ll need a keen interest in Twitter and ideally, proficiency with the Twitter service.
- Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, and other presentation programs preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organised, disciplined and self-driven with guidance. Attention to detail, professionalism and completion of tasks is key.
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Additional language fluency skills a plus.
- Spanish fluency prefered.
- A sense of humor.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish proficiency highly desired.
Minimum Education Required