585 Massachusetts Avenue
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will join our small, growing sales team in our Cambridge, MA office. This role will be part of the SaaS (Software As A Service) sales team (spread across India and the US) and will work closely with the rest of Dimagi’s “Growth” team (marketing, product and customer success teams) to increase the adoption and retention of our software platform, CommCare. CommCare is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities, and the SDR will be one of the key members of our team ensuring more people in need gain access to our product.
The SDR will engage with users and prospective customers from all around the world, and build our inbound sales revenue pipeline. The SDR will be trained on all aspects of our sales process and the industry we work in. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, enjoys connecting with users and customers and exudes a positive attitude.
This position will be based in Dimagi’s headquarter office in Cambridge, MA
What You’ll Do:
- Own and execute the Sales Development efforts in the lead qualifying stage of the process including: Research new contacts at ideal prospective companies (outbound leads)
- Identify interesting inbound leads by looking at their activities with our website, product and emails and by answering their questions on our Live Chat tool
- Schedule meetings/calls & qualify leads by discussing about their needs
- Create revenue opportunities for Account Executives
- Invest time corresponding and engaging with senior leaders of large businesses - on the phone, by email, via WebEx, and through social media outreach
- Evangelize Dimagi’s brand and offering, and assist clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Manage and monitor your work using Salesforce and other sales tools and technologies
- Gather learnings on our users and their experience with our product and disseminate learnings back to the rest of the Growth team
- Proactively identify ways to improve the qualifying part of the Sales process to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Report to the Growth team on key outcomes and key sales metrics
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in related discipline.
- 1-3 years of sales development experience - ideally in a SaaS (Software As A Service) environment
- A love for learning new technology: The SDR will need to have excellent knowledge of our product, CommCare, and will need to master the use of Salesforce to manage the Sales process
- Excitement to join a very small, growing sales team and comfort juggling many tasks at once
- A very strong passion for sales and a love to achieve results
- Independent, persistent, highly motivated to increase earnings
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Confidence with in-person and web-based presentations including comfort presenting to senior professionals.
- Comfortable prospecting, and potentially cold-calling new leads
- A strong ability to persuade and tailor your messaging depending on the audience
- A “people person” who is energized by connecting with people.
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for demonstrating results with data.
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to quickly innovate and think on your feet
- Curious, ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Complete fluency in English
- Existing understanding of or prior experience in the software or tech industry
- Proficiency using CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Desire to make a social impact
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of April 22nd.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance that’s paired with a generous HRA fund contribution
- A 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Flex time that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off/holiday
- 10 personal initiative days
- Opportunities to travel internationally
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly via the link provided.