Start Date: immediate
Rate: Commensurate with experience
Green City Growers is New England’s premier urban farming company. We transform unused space into thriving urban farms, providing schools, homeowners, restaurants, businesses and communities with immediate access to nutritious food, while revitalizing city landscapes and inspiring self-sufficiency.
Green City Growers seeks a positive, driven individual interested in immersing themself in a growing business and assisting Green City Growers management in keeping the business running smoothly through administrative responsibilities and communications.
- Accounting: Receive, organize and file all purchases and receipts, accounts payable, and some accounts receivable-related tasks. Bank deposits.
- Human Resources: Manage, update, administer human resources documents, i.e. employment agreements, benefits documents. Benefits administration. Payroll and seasonal hiring support
- Document Administration and Compliance: Develop, maintain, and update standard operating procedures. Ensure licenses and permits, insurance documents, employee handbook are up-to-date and accessible. Manage version control and formatting of all internal documentation.
- Incoming Communication Management: Manage primary company e-mail accounts and website form submissions and forward messages appropriately. Answer phone and voicemails and direct calls as necessary.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with outside vendors: information technology, internet/phone, insurance agents/providers, and accounting support.
- Office IT: Light technology upkeep and liaison with external computer support
- Budgeting and Procurement: Create budget for, and manage procurement of, office supplies. Research new office technology products as needed; review quotes with management.
- Additional Responsibilities: Schedule and coordinate all-company meetings. Coordinate travel for management. Coordinate office cleaning.
Requirements for the Position
- 3+ years experience in an office environment required. Office management and/or human resources experience required
- High school required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Friendly, positive attitude and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Drivers’ license a plus
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time, 401k, dental insurance, LTD, Life and AD&D insurance, CSA
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.