601 West 26th Street
3rd Floor, Suite 325-17
We’re looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional to join the APDS Implementation team, supporting the successful rollout of APDS products and services to new clients (correctional facilities, staff, and incarcerated individuals) across the United States. The implementation activities include coordinating various internal team members and external vendors to hit deadlines and milestones, including the build-out of cellular and WiFi signal enhancement projects within correctional facilities in order to provide Internet connectivity for APDS products and services.
A great candidate for this role is someone who thrives in providing excellent client service, loves project planning details, and can keep all of the moving pieces of client implementations running on time.
- Track and manage the implementation activities in the APDS Project Management system
- Coordinate cellular and WiFi signal enhancement work streams and vendors for APDS implementations
- Conduct cellular signal-strength assessments on-site at correctional facilities
- Process and support logistics for new client orders for APDS tablets, software and services
- Liaise with the APDS configuration center throughout the tablet build and configuration process for new client tablet orders (and expansion orders) to ensure an on-time, and accurate delivery of devices
- Organize and prepare deployment and training materials used by staff and incarcerated learners
- Coordinate and book travel logistics for APDS Implementation team
- Conduct and support trainings on-site for new APDS client facilities
- Communicate regular updates to APDS clients throughout the new-client implementation process
- Conduct on-site support at client correctional facilities on as-needed basis
- Support clients in creating and uploading their own digital education content
- Other projects, as assigned
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience managing project plans with multiple work streams performed by internal personnel and external vendors. Expertise with online project management software systems preferred
- General technical fluency with technology and mobile devices, including tablet computers. Technologies utilized by this role include: Salesforce, Airwatch, MS Excel, learning management systems, APDS-developed systems, and project management software
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detailFast learner, self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong verbal and written communication - able to communicate effectively with correctional staff and convey a strong customer-service orientation
- Willingness to operate in correctional facilities with incarcerated individuals and correctional staff. Background and experience in criminal justice/corrections a plus
- Work experience servicing government entities a plus
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is a venture-backed, public benefits corporation and a certified B-Corp that provides technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 9.5 million on parole or probation in the US. APDS has developed a tablet based, proprietary SaaS platform to securely deliver educational content and services to incarcerated learners in US jails and prisons. Through this platform, correctional administrators and educators bring cutting edge educational and rehabilitative programming to incarcerated learners with the goal of reducing recidivism and creating better outcomes.
APDS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Fully Covered Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Medical savings, Transit, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
Minimum Education Required