BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 improved cookstoves in East Africa, which have helped 2,000,000+ beneficiaries save $102 million in fuel expenditures and 1.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is experiencing strong growth and intends to increase sales by more than 50% in 2018.
BURN is expanding into new markets at the same time penetrating the market in Kenya more significantly where more than 70% of the country is familiar with BURN’s Jikokoa brand. We are looking for someone to drive the high-level strategy and implementation to take BURN and its products to the next level.
· Overall responsibility for all of the company’s commercial activities and results, including sales, marketing, and after sales. This includes present day results and ensuring the long-term successes of BURN’s brands.
· Continuous improvement of the customer experience.
· Drive BURN’s sales in Kenya into the early mass market (>30% market penetration).
· Establish, build and protect BURN’s brands as a staple brand in Kenya and East Africa (90% recognition).
· Drive corporate values and value propositions through the company and channels.
· Alongside the CEO and c-suite, develop and implement overall business strategies.
· Build and stabilize BURN’s global export business.
· Design and improve systems within sales, marketing, and after sales.
· Give direction on new products and support new product strategy.
· Team management.
· 8 years sales experience, including international
· 5 years management experience
· Experience with sales / marketing with physical products
· Strong customer focus
· East African sales experience is a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required