Details: Base salary to be discussed in interview process
1021 3rd Street
Galileo is looking for an experienced, performance-driven People Services Manager to join our People Operations team, and be our in-house ADP payroll software expert. This stellar project manager will play an integral role in ensuring all Galileo employees are paid on time and accurately, and will manage a top-notch benefits program.
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You’re a deeply accountable, committed professional.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You manage your time well and are meticulous about the details.
- You can confidently and consistently contribute to a team
- You’ve got the growth mindset it takes to effectively give, receive and implement feedback.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an operational HR role, preferably within payroll & benefits administration
- Experience with ticketing and project management, preferably at scale
- Experience working with children or in an educational organization helpful, but not required
- Experience in project management, managing work plans and interfacing with multiple teams
- Computer savvy: solid command of Excel and Google docs and ability to pick up new software and technology
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the primary point of contact between Galileo and our payroll vendor (ADP) and benefits broker
- Oversee payroll systems, including paperwork verification, direct deposit and check delivery.
- Run payroll for HQ staff every other week, and for ~2,000 summer staff every week during the summer.
- Skillfully manage payroll-related communication through our ticketing system, and by keeping information in ADP accurate
- Be at the helm of our concierge service, serving as the lead for payroll and benefits issues for all users and the People Ops Team
- Provide weekly summer support and training to seasonal payroll managers
- Provide team and general human resources support, maintaining a high level of warmth, accountability, demonstration of service, and team leadership.
- Supervise payroll support hours for 1-3 People Services team members from June-August.
- Employee medical and dental benefits and 401(k) provided by Galileo
- 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online on our website here.