OVERVIEW/JOB DESCRIPTION/GENERAL DESCRIPTION
We’re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to support our audacious annual goal—to hire over 2,000 of the best and brightest students and professionals to bring our camps to life each summer. In order to make that goal a reality, our People Ops team introduces our stellar employee experience to thousands of people each year. This is an opportunity to join our highly collaborative team, and help tell our story through multiple digital channels.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs for kids at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
The People Operations team is not your average Human Resources department. You’ll be on a team that approaches everything — from the way we attract and select candidates to the quality of service and the benefits offered to our employees — in a way that reflects the pride we take in hiring and retaining exceptional staff teams.
We’ve been ranked one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times for nine years running, and over 97% of our summer staff say they would recommend working for us. Being a Galilean means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our financial assistance program and other community efforts.
Schedule & Time Commitment
- Training days, approximately 30-40 hours per week January 14 – January 23
- 40 hours/week, from Thursday, January 24 – Friday, June 21
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose.
- You can manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- You consistently deliver top-notch quality control, from impeccable email composition to thorough candidate follow-up.
- You’re flexible to changing needs and demands, can quickly and effectively come up with solutions on the fly, and continuously seek feedback to learn and grow.
- You communicate clearly and effectively, while acting with a deep sense of empathy.
Required Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in a recruiting, marketing, or related role highly preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail, and exceptional proficiency in written communication across multiple channels
- Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat) preferred
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite and Google products
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Own our jobs posting calendar, ensuring detailed information about open opportunities is posted to the right channels, including major job boards, social media sites, and staff newsletters.
- Collaborate with our University Relations team by helping to build our presence on campus through outreach to key university and student organizations.
- Help us execute on our robust, candidate-facing social media strategy to help build our employer branding and communicate our employer value proposition.
- Support our online presence through creating and implementing national email marketing and social media ad campaigns.
- Support our data monitoring and reporting efforts to help us measure efficacy of campaigns, and make data-driven decisions based on performance.
Minimum Education Required