601 W. 26th St. Suite 325
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is a public benefits corporation and a certified B-Corp that provides technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the US. APDS provides tablet based education solutions for incarcerated learners and those recently paroled in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
Apply directly via this link: https://goo.gl/forms/HjCFI6w69Y8SrdWt2
Our fast-growing technology start-up is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our expanding team Sales and Marketing team. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and writing proposals and other technical documents from inception through to submission. The applicant will determine the proposal layout, gather, analyze and format information, write drafts, and ensure compliance with the technical requirements as well as the requirements of the customers’ RFP/RFI. The applicant will be able to explain complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, and work with the product team to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. The applicant will also support other writing needs within the organization, from investor relations to annual reporting. If you love to write and are inspired by the belief that technology can change the world’s social problems, we encourage you to submit an application.
• Lead, develop, organize, write and edit responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), ensuring that the proposal clearly defines the technical solution
• Respond to various RFPs/RFIs with tailored responses to highlight APDS product and service
• Conduct research, write, and publish white papers in our field
• Occasionally create and support other communication needs, such as annual reporting and investor relations
• Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
What We Are Looking For:
• 0-2 years of experience in sales support role or technical writing
• Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in journalism, English, or communications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for those who have nontechnical backgrounds
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills – must be able to work toward multiple deadlines and be highly motivated
• Imagination – must be able to think about a product in the way that a nontechnical person would think about it
• Skilled at prioritization, ability to multi-task, great at time management
• Teamwork – ability to work with others and collaborate with colleagues in different departments
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Knowledge of or passion for the education sector and/or correctional system is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Fully Covered Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Medical savings, Transit, etc.).
Minimum Education Required