237 W. 35th Street
Why Join Us:
We believe our team members are our greatest company asset and value them as such! CSBM/FOREsight is winner of “Best Places To Work in NYC”, by Crain’s NY Business three years in a row, and a Certified B corporation. Our staff are all strong team players who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
CSBM: Charter School Business Management believes every child deserves a quality education. Recognizing the potential of the charter school movement to remedy our country’s educational inequalities, we are dedicated to empowering the charter sector with financial education, services, and resources. Our clients work tirelessly to provide great opportunities for the students they serve, and we are committed to helping them succeed!
FOREsight: Building on the success of CSBM, FOREsight extends our services and expertise to socially responsible organizations, including nonprofits, independent schools, social enterprises and minority-owned/women-owned small businesses. We are thrilled to support our clients’ respective missions, where we can BE their finance department, BUILD their finance department or BOOST their entire organization.
The Finance Manager (Controller/Accounting Manager) will be assigned to work with a variety of clients of both CSBM and FOREsight. Although the scope of work is different at every client, the Finance Manager should be prepared to handle the duties below.
- Work with client leadership to develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets.
- Maintain general ledger and subsidiary journals to support financial activities/transactions.
- Manager A/P and A/R functions.
- Complete reconciliation of bank statements.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Close the books each month.
- Record entries related to petty cash and debit and credit card use.
- Track purchase orders and packing slips according to procurement policies.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial reports for leadership and/or the governing board of directors/trustees.
- Ensure proper documentation and implementation of government-funded grant programs
- Record and track income and expenses related to all public and private contracts and grants.
- Analyze and prepare the schedules for annual audits and work closely with outside CPA firms.
- Attend meetings with board of directors/trustees and/or finance committee.
- Reconcile benefit payroll deductions with enrollment paperwork.
- Review financial back-up documentation.
- Provide routine feedback to client and team members for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as needed
You Should Know
- Microsoft Office
- Quick Books or similar accounting software
- Payroll Management Software (ADP, Paychex, or similar)
You'll Be a Fit at CSBM If You
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel at managing people, processes, organization, analyzing information and problem-solving.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Never settle for status quo and embrace change.
- Understand that audits and financial statements really are fun.
- Don’t believe you know everything.
- Are willing and able to receive feedback. We never point fingers.
- Have great attention to detail and take pride in the end result.
- Strive to add value to your team and are willing to assist wherever necessary.
- Enjoy travel to our clients’ locations throughout five boroughs of NYC.
- Must include resume with cover letter tailored to this specific position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management experience, including audit management.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit, school or socially responsible organization is a plus.
- Prior management of multiple clients and team members is a plus.
- Health, Dental, and Vision.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and 401k Match.
- Wellness Program and TransitChek.
Health, Dental, and Vision. Flexible spending accounts. Discretionary Annual Bonus and 401k Match. Wellness Program and TransitChek.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to the job listing at