601 W. 26th St. Suite 325
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for generating and analyzing reports from multiple data sets in order to help key business stakeholders (internal and external) understand the usage patterns of our product and analyze outcomes for inmates. The successful candidate loves to analyze data and present findings in digestible ways for customers. This role will work cross-functionally, reporting to the Director of Customer Success with a strong working relationship with the VP of Technology and others on the Product and Technology teams.
12 Month Role Outcomes
- Work with VP of Technology to design and build the right data model to support the reporting needs of the organization and customers
- Build out a catalog of reports that can be used to share with customers to analyze their usage and outcomes from the programs used on the APDS tablet
- Build, test, and implement the Customer Success dashboard with associated KPIs to monitor customer usage and outcomes
- Identify and implement process improvements to make data more easily available
- Obtain additional data points to make reporting capabilities more robust and accurate
- Work with the Product and Technology teams to build a new data model to support the business and customer reporting needs
- Gather, analyze and integrate multiple data sets and determine how to effectively display and share KPI’s for end user reporting (internal & external)
- Act as primary liaison between the Product and Technology teams regarding underlying datasets and reporting capabilities
- Analyze usage and learner outcomes data to identify trends, gather insights about usage patterns, and recommend actions that will improve learner engagement and outcomes
- Create reports (charts, graphs, Powerpoint presentations) to display usage and outcomes data
- Work with the Director of Customer Success to build KPIs which will predict renewal rate and/or upsells.
- Support teams across the organization (including Customer Success, Implementation, Sales and Technology) in delivering ad-hoc data requests
- Proactively look for ways to improve how data can be obtained and represented in reports to stakeholders
- BA / BS in Information Systems / Economics / Statistics or other related field
- 2-3+ years’ experience in data analytics or similar role, presenting executive level reports
- Proficiency in XML, SQL, data modeling, data architecture & components
- Experience with AWS, Google Analytics, BI Systems (e.g., Tableau) and/or CRM Systems a strong plus
- Experience with Python, Tableau, Redshift or Data Lake a plus
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English (written & spoken)
- Excellent problem solving, numerical and analytical skills
- Thrives in a transformational / change management environment
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Energetic and driven personality
- Inquisitive and innovate mindset, looking for ways to improve status quo
- Dedication to APDS mission to improve the outcomes of incarcerated learners and reduce recidivism
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is a venture-backed, public benefits corporation and a certified B-Corp that provides technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 9.5 million on parole or probation in the US. APDS has developed a tablet based, proprietary SaaS platform to securely deliver educational content and services to incarcerated learners in US jails and prisons. Through this platform, correctional administrators and educators bring cutting edge educational and rehabilitative programming to incarcerated learners with the goal of reducing recidivism and creating better outcomes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
APDS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Fully Covered Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Medical savings, Transit, etc.).
Minimum Education Required