At Grapevine, we make giving to the causes you care about social, purposeful and fun. We’re building a social giving platform that enables groups of people like neighbors, alumni groups, and more to pool their donations and give together.
We launched Giving Circles on Grapevine in March last year and moved over $2.5M in donations to 1,000 nonprofits across the country, with no marketing spend. Most of these donations went to small, local organizations addressing a wide variety of causes, including immediate needs related to Covid-19, racial justice, artist support, and more. We’re now the platform partner of Philanthropy Together, the global giving circle initiative backed by the Gates Foundation. If you’ve never heard of a Giving Circle before, check them out in the NYT, Fast Company, and Refinery29. We just raised our first round of funding led by Notation Capital, with participation from PJC, Alex Chung (founder of Giphy), David Heath (founder of Bombas), Claire Diaz-Ortiz (creator of social impact initiatives at Twitter), and more to make Giving Circles the next big thing in global social impact.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. Our team culture is built on openness, intentionality, collaboration, and spirit. We love our work and we are all passionate about making a difference everyday. We are seeking an innovative and energetic person to join our founding team of experienced, socially-minded achievers. We believe success is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to matter.
The Growth Lead will play a crucial role in fulfilling Grapevine’s vision to make Giving Circles ubiquitous. The primary focus of the Growth Lead is to drive the sale and adoption of Grapevine by new Giving Circle leaders and groups. As our first full-time growth hire, you will be responsible for accelerating growth within existing markets and channels with the support of the team, while dramatically expanding growth by testing and scaling potential new markets and channels such as direct sales, SEO, marketing, on site funnel improvements, and more. As you identify more successful channels, you will help to extend and operationalize our sales and growth process and team across them.
The Growth Lead will work closely with the entire team to ensure that we provide a high quality experience for Giving Circle leaders and members.
- Initiate conversations with existing and potential Giving Circle Leaders via phone, email and social platforms to drive high-quality meetings.
- Educate and pitch new customers on demo and follow-up sales calls.
- Manage the relationship with Giving Circle Leaders through the sales pipeline.
- Achieve individual and team targets through building, maintaining and exceeding forecast goals and defined objectives.
- Measure the success of projects and process data across the entire funnel to consistently find new insights and learnings. Report, share learnings, and strategize with team on Account Management, Communications, and Product to improve performance, processes, and procedures.
- Build reasonable business cases that estimate the impact of new campaigns and use to properly prioritize projects.
- Design, implement and work collaboratively with team on acquisition campaigns.
- Use Hubspot and other sales and marketing tools to thoughtfully engage Giving Circle leads and track efforts.
- Leverage deep knowledge of sales and growth marketing tactics that other companies have used to acquire customers, retain customers and improve conversion rates to drive experiments and recommendations.
- Leverage behavioral economics and capacity for deep empathy to extrapolate experiment ideas from existing research and understanding of human behavior.
- Continuously develop and update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- 3+ years of professional experience in growth marketing, management consulting, or financial services
- At least one reference who will blow our minds telling us how great you are
- Have managed 1-2 high priority marketing channels, ideally B2C and/ or B2B2C
- Experience with a broad range of sales tactics and marketing tools (email, paid search, social media, AB testing, BI), and a deeper understanding within at least one area of expertise.
- Curiosity to test & learn, a lot. Lots of fresh ideas with the perseverance to test each channel into the ground.
- A go-getter mentality and competitive spirit. You are motivated to crush both individual and team targets and learning goals by driving our top-line growth.
- Comfort with (if not enjoyment from) getting into the weeds to quickly execute a new sales tactic or marketing campaign in a high-quality way, by working through every detail to ensure that experiments are valid, the customer experience is satisfactory, and projects launch on time.
- A quantitative and inquisitive mindset. An ability to fiercely prioritize the highest-impact experiments, and be able to measure results. At the same time, an ability to deeply understand our customer in order to brainstorm sales and marketing tactics that will work, while upholding customer experience standards.
- Excitement to talk to potential customers on the phone. You make a great first impression and can have a conversation with anyone. Connecting with people comes naturally to you.
- Respectful but persistent. You refuse to take no for an answer and take pride in day-to-day wins.
- You’re inquisitive and ask the right questions to determine customer needs and adapt your approach as needed.
- Flexible and positive. The team is experimenting, learning, and executing at a rapid pace. We’re looking for someone with a can-do and positive attitude.
- An ability to work well with others across multiple functions, partnering with design for creative, finance for budget, product to ensure a good customer experience, and data to measure results.
- BA/BS degree
- MBA or other relevant degree
- Experience working with or on a product team
- Experience in philanthropy, particularly at a startup company serving nonprofits or donors
- Proficiency in Hubspot CRM
What’s in it for you?
- In addition to a terrific team of people and supportive structure, we offer exciting growth opportunities and the ability to make a positive difference in the world.
What you’re looking for:
- A place to grow and learn
- The opportunity to do a great job at a wide variety of tasks and to lead a small team in 1-2 years
- A group of good people doing great things