Bridge for Billions is a digital ecosystem for early-stage entrepreneurs around the world to advance their projects. We offer a program based on three pillars: top-notch methodology, the support of a personal mentor, and an international community of entrepreneurs to share this experience with.
Bridge is a New York - Madrid social startup (listed as Forbes 30 Under 30 and Ashoka Fellows) that works closely with entrepreneurs, corporates, foundations, universities, and governments around the world to co-create programs that fit their needs.
Can you imagine yourself working to help ensure that entrepreneurs from around the world can make their ideas a reality? Do you dream of working in a multicultural environment where you learn something new and exciting every day? Want to be driven by an overarching mission?
We’re an up-and-coming startup with a young and family-like work environment with continuous learning opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, people-oriented, hands-on and proactive, and creative Public Relations & Communications Lead to join our creative marketing team.
Want to be our new Public Relations & Communications Lead? Keep on reading!
Get our message out there! Work hand in hand with the Marketing and Sales team to boost our brand awareness, visibility, and exposure in and outside the entrepreneurship ecosystem. Ensure that the results of the sales team and the efforts of the marketing team don’t just stay within our scope of reach but support them in exponentiating the buzz around what’s up with Bridge for Billions. Be the one pushing the stories of thousands of entrepreneurs and mentors that join our community to the world so that everyone gets to know the amazing, daring, and resilient people we work with every day to democratize access to entrepreneurship globally.
Our core values:
We believe in full transparent relationships
We have an international mindset
We are a flat hierarchy organization
We value open and respectful feedbacks
We foster autonomy and risk-taking.
We seek continuous innovations.
**Your Impact and Responsibilities**
**Press Relations & Comms - 60% of your time**
- Build a strong database and excellent relationships with journalists, bloggers, and influencers with both paid and earned activity.
- Create and update communication materials such as press releases, articles, media advisories, fact sheets, and other editorial materials.
- Maintain a deep understanding of entrepreneurship industry trends and making appropriate recommendations regarding communications.
- Utilize a keen sense of what ‘makes’ a story for a wide variety of news organizations and a deep understanding of the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists in order to turn strategic priorities into successful communications campaigns.
- Display a high degree of comfort in pitching story ideas on complex topics and coordinating with news organizations to produce the best possible coverage.
- Work closely together with the Brand team to develop campaigns in order to grow the brand and increase traffic to Bridge for Billions’ website.
- Work closely together with Content Lead, aligning content strategy across all marketing channels.
- Manage the draft/editing/production process of publication or any other form of external or internal communication.
- Lead local/regional media relations outreach.
- Continual analysis of internal user, external market data as well as media coverage to understand user behavior and provide data-driven and intuition-fuelled decision making.
**Public Relations & Spokesperson - 40% of your time**
- Develop the corporate PR strategy along with the Marketing and Sales team.
- Work closely together with the Sales team to understand client challenges and propose new tactics to increase the number of qualified leads.
- Coordinate press conferences, webinars, and other media events to support Sales needs.
- Conduct research to find strategic events from the entrepreneurship ecosystem and speaking opportunities for the Sales team.
- Managing the execution of strategic public relations activities in support of Bridge’s business.
- Identify opportunities for scale across markets within and share key learnings and success to coordinate local PR activities.
- Serve as an organization spokesperson in innovation & entrepreneurship topics.
- Establish and maintain an outstanding brand presence for Bridge for Billions in Spain.
- Develop messaging that leverages credibility and unique perspective to tell our brands’ stories, generating awareness, and enhancing attachment.
- Coordinate all public relations activities and identify and establish relationships with media partners and publishers seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Organize, schedule, and prepare the team for press interviews.
Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
**Skills Needed and Qualifications**
At Bridge for Billions, we are convinced that people are the differentiating factor in the success of any company and we believe that talent is more than just knowledge. It’s expressed in attitudes and the ability to relate with other teams and people.
**For all Bridge team members:**
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
- You take initiative, you’re results-driven and you show empathy in all your interactions with team members, entrepreneurs, mentors, and partners.
- Passion for your work and for lifelong learning.
- Resilience to overcome the challenges that we have to face.
- Able to multitask and prioritize own workload.
**For this role in particular:**
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or English (M.B.A. or Master's degree in a relevant field preferred)
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR (+3 years experience)
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson (comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews)
- Strong relationships with both local and national media outlets.
- Excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English (oral and writing).
- Several years of experience working with journalists or as a journalist.
- Roll-up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills to influence the influencers.
- Someone who's passionate about communicating and interacting with users: a good communicator.
- You don't get easily overwhelmed or stuck in planning mode.
- You love people and networking, you’re not intimidated to reach out to new people in the entrepreneurial space.
- Good writing skills, ability to have a friendly yet professional tone, and to deliver information efficiently.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing public relations campaigns that promote strategic priorities.
- Comfort with working directly with journalists and senior leaders.
- Awareness of current trends within target market cultures and able to quickly translate them into content opportunities.
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- An international approach and preferable experience with a constant drive to learn about launching new markets.
• Process: 30min first contact, business case, technical interview, mutual interview, reference check, and offer.
• Location: Madrid, Spain
• Start date: As soon as possible (March 15th, 2021)
• Contract type: Contractor with Paid Vacations
**What we offer:**
• A role with great freedom to initiate your own ideas and build the visual identity and materials of a company.
• Compensation: 28-30K EUR
• An international dynamic team of young professionals with lots of passion and a clear vision in a fast-growing startup.
• Work on something that matters, contribute to helping thousands of entrepreneurs from all over the world.
• Position based in Madrid, we have cool offices.
• The chance to shape the company by taking on a key role from an early stage.
• We also love to grab lunch together and talk about what awesome weekends we’ve had! Only one rule: no shop talk at the lunch table! Long hours of work, but also of fun and beers (or sodas if beer’s not your thing) together!
• Flexible working hours and optional remote days.
• Flexible vacation policy as long as objectives are met.
• Team that cares about your wellbeing.
**Ready to join?**
Bridge for Billions is a digital ecosystem for early-stage entrepreneurs around the world to advance their projects. We offer a program based on three pillars: top-notch methodology, the support of a personal mentor, and an international…
English - Full professional proficiency
Spanish - Native or bilingual proficiency
English - Full professional proficiency
Spanish - Native or bilingual proficiency