THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION, BASED IN OUR WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE.
You’ll be the first point of contact and voice of MPOWER for our applicants and borrowers from all over the world. Your focus will be to own and deliver a superior experience to each and every student. Success will require:
- Delivering superior customer service using multiple channels (phone, email, chat, etc.) to both proactively and responsively connect with borrowers to help them navigate the loan process or troubleshoot issues
- Understanding MPOWER’s product line and explaining all features including loan terminology and calculations to ensure our borrowers make informed decisions
- Advocating for and educating applicants on the benefits of an MPOWER loan
- Collaborating with MPOWER’s global tech, credit, and operations teams to troubleshoot and optimize processes and minimize impact to borrowers
- Analyzing borrower data and trends while bringing a continuous improvement mindset to the team to optimize operations and deliver a better student borrower experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher
- At least 2-3 years of customer service experience in a high-touch, fast-paced environment
- Understanding of banking, lending, financial services or personal finance with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Passion for customer service with an innate sense of service and empathy for others
- Outstanding written and verbal skills communication and comfort interacting with customers via phone, email, and chat
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about analytics and tech savvy
- Foreign language is a plus
A passion for financial inclusion and access to higher education is a must!
In addition, you should be comfortable working in a start-up environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, variable workload and tight deadlines, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything.
Minimum Education Required