5612 Randolph Road
· are really interested in electric cars
· appreciate a good debate, even with your boss
· are proud of your compost pile
· figure out how to fix it, not who's to blame
· have pulled recyclables out of the trash
· prefer real news to fake news
· like real food
· aren't afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
· care more about your intelligence and values than your experience
· offer employees subsidies to purchase electric cars
· give employees a 30% discount on all purchases
MOM's is a family-owned chain of organic grocery stores in the DC Metro Area, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. Our purpose is to protect and restore the environment.
Have you always loved working with and managing people? Do you enjoy improving processes and making things work more efficiently? Would you like to support a great company culture while saving the planet?
If so, we need you!
As Head of Special Projects at MOM's, your responsibilities will primarily include overseeing the Special Projects Team and managing projects. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading the Special Projects department and a team of 3 Project Managers
- Being responsible for the strategy and direction of new and existing projects undertaken or assigned
- Attending regular meetings to report on the progress of projects as well as determining priorities for upcoming needs
- Holding weekly meetings with members of the Special Projects team to review project status and help remove any roadblocks
- Researching, developing, implementing, and maintaining company systems and processes that affect all levels of the organization
- Managing and coordinating all activities and tasks related to the direction of particular projects as assigned
- Developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders across numerous departments and levels of MOM's
- Delivering effective communications to leadership and across MOM's regarding the status and direction of assigned projects
- Developing and producing metrics and other reports that help make MOM's run more smoothly and efficiently
- Working collaboratively with company leaders and members from different departments to improve processes
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Previous project management experience
- Proven ability to develop and implement projects
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Confidence and tact in approaching upper management with ideas and issues
- High standards of performance for self and others
- Knowledge and support of our industry
- Knowledge and support of company philosophy / mission / values
- Willing to go above and beyond
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Able to speak up when there is a problem and not sweep it under the rug
- Friendly, warm, and humble
- A high achiever
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Previous experience managing teams strongly desired
- Experience managing software and systems implementations is a plus!
- Experience researching, vetting, and negotiating with vendors also a plus
This position is onsite at our Central Office in Rockville, MD.
health benefits + casual office environment (flip-flops acceptable!) + 30% discount on organic groceries & produce + free organic meal every workday + room to grow + more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We'll certainly take a look at your resume, but care more about your application.