237 West 35th Street
Why Join Us
We believe our team members are our greatest company asset and value them as such! CSBM/FOREsight is winner of “Best Places To Work in NYC”, by Crain’s NY Business three years in a row, and a Certified B corporation. Our staff are all strong team players who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
CSBM: Charter School Business Management believes every child deserves a quality education. Recognizing the potential of the charter school movement to remedy our country’s educational inequalities, we are dedicated to empowering the charter sector with financial education, services, and resources. Our clients work tirelessly to provide great opportunities for the students they serve, and we are committed to helping them succeed!
FOREsight: Building on the success of CSBM, FOREsight provides accounting and financial services to nonprofits in the education sector. This includes independent and faith-based schools, after school programs and social service nonprofits. We are a mission driven organization and choose to work with organizations who are advancing the education sector and empowering youth.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be assigned to work with a variety of clients from both CSBM and FOREsight.
Although the scope of work is different at every client, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for performing accounts payable transactions, invoices and vendor reconciliation as well as other tasks and duties outlined below.
- Process accounts payable transactions in compliance with each client’s financial policies and procedures manual.
- Review vendor invoices for validity, accuracy, supporting documentation and proper approvals.
- Record invoices and other accounts payable activity in the accounting system on an accrual basis ensuring proper account classification
- Reconcile vendor activity and statements and follow-up on any invoice/billing discrepancies
- Obtain substantiating documentation for all credit and/or debit card activity and reconcile to corresponding statements
- Ensure that sales tax exemption documentation has been provided to all vendors where appropriate.
- Prepare cash disbursements packages for review and approval
- Process vendor payments (via ACH, Bill Pay or Check) and obtain proper approval(s) or signature(s)
- Ensure all payments have been processed correctly and sent to vendor
- Record payments in the accounting system
- Maintain vendor files and records including W-9’s
- Assist with 1099-MISC preparation and filing
- Assist with audit support and preparation
- Minimum two years of AP experience
- Experience with accounting programs and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel
- Understanding of bookkeeping and accrual accounting
- Highly organized and good at prioritizing multiple clients and tasks
- Problem solving skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Understands the importance of handling confidential financial information appropriately.
You'll Be a Fit at CSBM If You
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Understand that systems, organization and paperwork can be fun.
- Are willing and able to give and receive feedback.
- Have great attention to detail and take pride in the end result.
- Strive to add value to the team and are willing to assist wherever necessary.
- Able to travel to our clients’ locations throughout five boroughs.
- Health, Dental, and Vision.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and 401k Match.
- Wellness Program and TransitChek.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Must include resume with cover letter tailored to this specific position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Faxed resumes will not be considered.
Charter School Business Management Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.