8797 Beverly Boulevard
Director of Retail - Brilliant Earth, West Hollywood
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of West Hollywood encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Director of Retail will oversee a team of dedicated Customer Experience Managers, responsible for delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers in our showroom locations. You will help create and execute the vision in alignment with the CEOs and leadership team to achieve outstanding performance and provide customer centric experiences delivered by highly engaged and trained employees. You will provide analysis and insights to ensure overall success and productivity of your teams. The Director of Retail will be instrumental in the development and management of key customer experience initiatives and driving Brilliant Earth’s showroom growth. Travel will be required on a quarterly basis to any of our seven domestic showroom locations.
- Lead and inspire a team of Customer Experience Assistants, Associates, and Managers in a fast-pace, omni-channel retail environment.
- Recruit, develop and manage performance of showroom managers identifying staffing needs and growth plans.
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly schedule to optimize productivity and meet customer demand.
- Oversee adherence to operational and security procedures to ensure an exceptional customer experience in the showroom environment.
- Provide analysis-based insights to drive improved customer experience and sales performance.
- Partner with Retail Operations team to develop quality assurance standards, and to track KPIs while coaching the team to success of specific KPIs.
- Develop the leadership ability of Customer Experience Managers; collaborate with leaders to motivate and inspire their teams.
- Strategically scale sales growth by utilizing technology.
- BA degree or equivalent
- Extensive management experience in a retail environment, managing physical store locations, luxury brands preferred
- A true passion for helping people, creating positive customer service experiences, and developing teams in an environment focused on luxury products/experiences
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of recruiting and retaining high performing and accountable managers and staff
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Strong CRM or ERP software experience (NetSuite a plus)
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency work style
- Excellent written and verbal communications in a customer facing, luxury setting
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively – always with a smile
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://brilliantearth.applytojob.com/apply/JJoKQweq3A/Director-Of-Retail-West-Hollywood?source=Idealist